Need help with clothes sizes. (future clothes sizes haha)

Options
Okay so I have a question. Next Summer, I'm going on holiday (not exactly sure what date yet, but it's going to be around August 2013). I want to buy my holiday clothes early and buy them in a certain size so I'm motivated to fit into them!
So my question is, what size should I get? I suppose it'd be helpful if I told you a few things about my weight/size:)

I started out at a size 26uk in May 2012 weighing in at 306lb.
I'm currently a size 22uk and weigh 220lb.
Irregardless of weight, I have a 'large frame' (wrist=7inches and according to google, that's how you calculate your frame size haha) so I'm not being naive, I know I'll probably never be like a size 8!
I'm currently losing an average of 2lb a week, though that varies at times.
I am 5ft8 too, if that makes any difference:)

Also, when do you guys think I'll reach my target? My target weight is 162lb at the minute, once I reach that I may think about going further but like I said, I don't think I'll ever be small because of my frame.

I just feel like if I have clothes that I know I have to fit into, it'll motivate me a bit more!

Thanks guys :) oh and feel free to add me, I accept everyone!

XXXX

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have a question. Next Summer, I'm going on holiday (not exactly sure what date yet, but it's going to be around August 2013). I want to buy my holiday clothes early and buy them in a certain size so I'm motivated to fit into them!
    So my question is, what size should I get? I suppose it'd be helpful if I told you a few things about my weight/size:)

I started out at a size 26 in May 2012 weighing in at 306lb.
    I'm currently a size 22 and weigh 220lb.
    Irregardless of weight, I have a 'large frame' (wrist=7inches and according to google, that's how you calculate your frame size haha) so I'm not being naive, I know I'll probably never be like a size 8!

Also, when do you guys think I'll reach my target? My target weight is 162lb at the minute, once I reach that I may think about going further but like I said, I don't think I'll ever be small because of my frame.

I just feel like if I have clothes that I know I have to fit into, it'll motivate me a bit more!

XXXX

Ok, I started off last July at around 220 and a UK size 20/22 I guess (US 16/18) and now i'm 165lbs and can wear some US size 8 trousers (UK12) so i'd say on the whole I am probably between a US 8 and 10.

My wrist size is about 6.5 and apparently I have a large frame too. My lowest weight when I was 24 (11 years ago) was 147lbs and I am wearing clothes now that I wore then! I am heavier than I look though.

It's taken me 17 months to lose what you want to lose, but I lose weight quite slowly I think, so it could be totally different for you.

I just looked at your profile - you're a lot younger than I am, so you will probably lose faster! And you're English like me, so ignore the US sizes I wrote!
  • Rachael1524
    Options

XXXX

Ok, I started off last July at around 220 and a UK size 20/22 I guess (US 16/18) and now i'm 165lbs and can wear some US size 8 trousers (UK12) so i'd say on the whole I am probably between a US 8 and 10.

My wrist size is about 6.5 and apparently I have a large frame too. My lowest weight when I was 24 (11 years ago) was 147lbs and I am wearing clothes now that I wore then! I am heavier than I look though.

It's taken me 17 months to lose what you want to lose, but I lose weight quite slowly I think, so it could be totally different for you.

I just looked at your profile - you're a lot younger than I am, so you will probably lose faster! And you're English like me, so ignore the US sizes I wrote!

Thank you! Well done on losing that weight too. Do you want to lose more or are you happy where you're at?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

XXXX

Thank you! Well done on losing that weight too. Do you want to lose more or are you happy where you're at?

I'd like to lose another 10-15lbs! It's more to lower my body fat percentage, plus tone up. I've had 2 children and I have that horrible muffin top mummy tummy!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7, currently ~197lbs and in size 16/18 (UK). Started at ~245lbs and was in size 20/22 (UK) at that point. Started losing mid July, average ~2.3lb/wk loss since the start but is more like 1.5lb/wk in the last few months.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Ok first of all great job!!

And now is where I say don't buy a bunch of stuff! A top maybe, but bottoms are not worth it.

Quite a few times throughout my loss...similar to yours...I bought stuff a size or two smaller because it was on sale and awesome. Well either I skipped that size, or the jeans wouldn't even fit right when I got to that size.

And now I would have expected to drop another two sizes in the past 4 months, but I haven't. Part plateau, part body shape changing. I lost half a size. That's it. So it's really impossible to know what will fit next summer. Just set aside a shopping day as a reward when you hit a goal right before your trip. :)
  • Rachael1524
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7, currently ~197lbs and in size 16/18 (UK). Started at ~245lbs and was in size 20/22 (UK) at that point. Started losing mid July, average ~2.3lb/wk loss since the start but is more like 1.5lb/wk in the last few months.
    Thank you! I can't wait to be under 200lb, can't remember the last time I weighed that haha! Way to go with your loss so far though!
  • Rachael1524
    Options
    Ok first of all great job!!

And now is where I say don't buy a bunch of stuff! A top maybe, but bottoms are not worth it.

Quite a few times throughout my loss...similar to yours...I bought stuff a size or two smaller because it was on sale and awesome. Well either I skipped that size, or the jeans wouldn't even fit right when I got to that size.

And now I would have expected to drop another two sizes in the past 4 months, but I haven't. Part plateau, part body shape changing. I lost half a size. That's it. So it's really impossible to know what will fit next summer. Just set aside a shopping day as a reward when you hit a goal right before your trip. :)

Thank you. I know I just feel if I had something, even if it was just like 1 outfit it'd motivate me but idk what size to get it in. I guess if it's only 1 outfit if it doesn't fit it's okay :)
  • stargirlJJ
    Options
    Hey....I'm from the uk too....and I find it weird how we all wear different size clothing yet being around same weights! I'm 206 lb atm....and I wear a size 16...and some things a 14 like my new kardashian dress...eek so excited to wear! I'm 5ft 7.5...and have an hourglass shape so depends on what shape you are! I have a large chest aswell which can interfere with sizes hahaha! Well done on your loss so far! X
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we all change at different rates. I have one pair of pants that changed enough in a month that I'm going to have to alter them. If you can wait, I'd just shop a month earlier before your trip. It's a hassle but it would be better than finding yourself buying two wardrobes if you lose too much or too slowly.

Monica
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I would say don't worry about buying the clothes early. (especially pants!) It's too hard to gage! I skipped some sizes. As far as your frame size goes.... I thought I was "large frame" according to my wrist size but now my wrist is tiny!!! So according to the charts now, I'm normal size frame.