My First NSV!

Options
I have a long, long, LONG way to go. But today, just now, I had my first NSV. I was asked what my BMI was. I said "Oh, 41". Did I check? Nope! Then I got curious.

For the first time in 3 years, I am below 40! My BMI is 39.9. Yes, it's still ridiculously high. But it's the lowest it's been in quite awhile. GO ME!

Replies

• lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great step in the right direction! congrats
  • notdancinganymore
    notdancinganymore Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep up your hard work!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Let's hear it for hidden surprise NSVs!
  • Nene2404
    Options
    Great job! My BMI was 41.3 when I started MFP, and now its 35.4. Still not good, but headed in the right direction. :smile:
  • JessicaEsqueda
    Options
    Thank you everyone! And congratulations to those of you who have lowered your BMI with MFP. It is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction.
  • kwenners
    kwenners Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :)
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I know some poeple diss the BMI, but lets face it I'm not a body builder or an extreme athlete so it's a pretty good benchmark for me. I remember being a 46.6 BMI (morbidly obese) and now am a 28.3 and those numbers mean something to me, sometimes more than the actual scale losses. Keep up the great work!!!
  • JessicaEsqueda
    Options
    I know some poeple diss the BMI, but lets face it I'm not a body builder or an extreme athlete so it's a pretty good benchmark for me. I remember being a 46.6 BMI (morbidly obese) and now am a 28.3 and those numbers mean something to me, sometimes more than the actual scale losses. Keep up the great work!!!

They mean something to me too! I doubt I wiill ever be super toned, and I have no desire to be buff. BMI is a great way for me to say, "hey, Im healthy".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!