Is it possible for your feet to lose weight or get smaller b

Options
Since, I have started dieting in January I have noticed that my feet or shoe size have gone from 9 1/2 to 9 to 8 1/2. Is this right? Or is there something wrong with me? Any thoughts and opinions on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is well and striving to meet their goals. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Hehe...yes. When I was pregnant I wore a size 9, then I went down to 7 1/2 after I lost all my weight. So it happens.
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank god!! My shoe size when down too when I started losing weight!! I was in a 7 now I am in a 5.5!!! I am happy I am not the only one!! Maybe it's water weight that we are losing in our feet..I know when I was pregnant I'd be lucky if I could've put on a pair of shoes!!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i have lost weight in my feet for sure, at least a size. you store fat everywhere, so you will lose it everywhere :)
  • Prnculrich
    Options
    I think so, if not im in the same boat you are. I wore size 12w or 13 now that ive lost 52 lbs i can wear size 11w.

P.S my tracker says 37 lbs but thats just from when I started MFP, (I lost 15 lbs before)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Of course! When you're heavier you have more weight pressing on your feet to "flatten" them out and of course yes, we do store fat everywhere - our ring sizes go down, bracelet size, shoe size, etc... amazing, hu?
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yep I was a size 10 and now I am down to a 9 1/2 and sometimes a 9
  • queeeney
    queeeney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. I'm normally a sz 10, but can now wear a 9 1/2. I'm not complaining though :-)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any shoe sizes, which is unfortunate. But I had a pair of shoes that were a little snug, and not they fit perfectly.

I think it has more to do with less weight on your feet, than actual fat loss. Although I'm sure that's part of it.
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    I noticed this as well. I never used to be able to squeeze my feet into a size 8 1/2...I was always a 9 or 10. Now, my brand new shoes don't fit, they slide off my heels when I walk....and its not fun...gotta go shoe shopping!!!!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    It's funny you posted this, I was just telling my husband my feet are smaller the other day! I haven't gone down in size but they are slimmer. I used to have "pretty" feet before I got pregnant then they stayed this huge puffy version of themselves for 9 months. After baby came they were still big and ugly. Now the seem petite!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Completely normal! I went from a 10W to a 8 and now I have to get a more narrow shoe!
  • maygan05
    maygan05 Posts: 3
    Options
    This is amazing! I thought I was the only one who lost a couple of shoe sizes. This is completely weird to me! Thank you all for making feel normal :-) haha!
  • TayCampb02
    Options
    Absolutely! I wore a size 11 1/2.. Now I am a 9 and can even wear size 8 1/2 Heels <3 IT IS AMAZING <3