Low Cal Banana Muffins

Options
ka_42
ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
I made these muffins this weekend and they are yummy! I added chopped walnuts to mine but in this recipe each muffin is only 80 cals! With adding my nuts it came to about 120 each!

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
1/4 sugar (I used a little more than 1/4 cup)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup applesauce
*1 cup chopped walnuts
*Cinnamon and nutmeg for extra flavor

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.

In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.

In separate bowl, combine banana, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Blend until well mixed. Add applesauce. Slowly combine dry mixture to banana mixture. Blend well.

Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving.

Makes 12 Servings

*My additions

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=606713 <- Nutritional info listed here.

Enjoy!

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    yummm! bumping for later :)
  • suecooks48
    suecooks48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Sounds Good!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    bump...thanks
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Bumping for later!! Thanks :smile:
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump! I love banana muffins!
  • supercool111
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • jmarie66
    jmarie66 Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds yum! I am going to try it with Splenda instead of the sugar and see how it is...Thanks!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! We love banana muffins. I'm going to try and sneak this recipe and see if my family notices. :happy:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    definitely bump
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome ... thanks!
  • ka_42
    Options
    Sounds yum! I am going to try it with Splenda instead of the sugar and see how it is...Thanks!

I'm not much of a baker so I had to go out and buy sugar! I bought a bag of a splenda/sugar combination. I put it probably twice as much "sugar" as the recipe called for (oops!) and they are delicious!
  • ka_42
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! We love banana muffins. I'm going to try and sneak this recipe and see if my family notices. :happy:

My boyfriend said they tasted "healthy". Maybe fruits and nuts make it automatically healthy to him, haha. I thought they tasted just like the real thing. I think the apple sauce is a substitution for butter but nothing about them taste low- calorie to me!! and you're welcome!
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yum!! Bump