New and newly married and need some community!

Options
Hi all, I'm new to MFP and could definitely use some friendly faces :) I'm 27, 5'6", 160lbs. I'm trying to get back to my post college weight (130lbs). I got married earlier this year and managed to get down to 148 for that but after 4 months I've gained 12lbs back. Anyone else struggle with the happy-post-marriage weight??

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just celebrated my second wedding anniversary with my husband. I think I gained ten pounds in the year and a half after our wedding - but I've now lost nearly 20. Almost "done" losing and about to switch to maintenance, BUT, my diary is always open, I work out a lot and I post a lot! If you want an encouraging friend I'm your gal :) Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Meddy450
    Options
    Oh marriage happy weight. I gained 20 lbs in a year and a half after getting married to my husband. Lost 10 lbs and then put it back on. This is something I definitely struggle with. Feel free to add me if you want. Trying once again to drop that happy weight.
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    Girl please...I was fantasizing about frosting and spare ribs while at the alter. I gained about 40 lbs in 6 months post wedding and then I got pregnant. Forget it. I think by the time the baby was born I had gained another 60. That's 100+ lbs in a little over a year. Since then alot has changed. I am on my way back and am about 25 lbs away from my wedding day weight. I plan to post a photo of me in my wedding dress once I reach goal. Hopefully you wont travel down my road but if you do, MFP is a great compass to find your way back.
  • Tortorj
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories! I'll probably be adding all of you so we can help each other along! :)
  • ACS072012
    Options
    Hi :)

I just started MFP today, so I'm a newbie too. I'm also 27, I'm 5'5, and I got married in July (at 145lbs). Since the wedding, I have put on 5-7lbs. My goal is to get between 130-135lbs. I haven't seen the 130's since my freshman year of college (almost 10 years ago!). I'm planning on starting out with tracking my food and I'll gradually start adding in some workouts. I really dislike working out (especially during the winter), but once spring rolls around, I plan to start jogging outside and I am planning on running a 10K in May.

Good luck with everything! I will need some support too :)
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Add this gal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/SofaKingRad_

Tons of info and support. Always there to help cheer you up! She has the friendliest of faces.