Best tasting high protein low carb protein drink

Options
Just wanted to do a survey and find out what you all think is the best and most effective protein drink you use. Whether it is a post workout shake or used as a snack every now and again? I haven't found one I am comfortable with. It is either tasting good but too high in sugar, or high in protein but a bit nasty on the mouth.

Replies

• jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i use and love the body by vi shake powder...90 cals in a serving and 13g of kilated(sp) trisorb protein
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    i use and love the body by vi shake powder...90 cals in a serving and 13g of kilated(sp) trisorb protein

What does trisorb do?
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Nature's Best Isopure in dutch chocolate. I also have an unflavored one and a strawberries and cream. I don't totally love the strawberries and cream one though.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition pro complex. taste great and is epic!! you're welcome
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I found one at Sam's club -- 160 cals, 30g of protein and it comes in chocolate and vanilla. I've never had the vanilla ones, but the chocolate have a taste that is ok. Company is Premier Nutrition -- think they have a website.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Myofusion milk chocolate. Delish!!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've found that the protein powders that are fruit flavored aren't great. Stick with the chocolate and they're usually tolerable or even taste good.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I get the Premier Nutrition ones. Chocolate is good. Vanilla is just ok.
    FOr my treat, ABB Cookies and Cream is SOOOOO good.
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Premier protein shakes from costco i think are the best they have in vanilla and chocolate taste
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Promasil protein powder. 90 calories per scoop, 0 sugar, 0 carbs, and 20 grams of protein! I have the soft serve vanilla flavour that I mix with low fat milk and some frozen fruit...a few seconds on my Magic Bullet and it's ready to go...delicious! I also have the Milk Chocolate flavour that I add bananas to, also very good.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    anyone recommend a good one that is lactose free? I loved my body by vi shakes but a friend bought them for me and I can't/won't spend that much out of my own pocket.I love the taste of them and they didn't make my stomach hate me...lol....so recommendations for something like that, that is also lactose free :)
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options

What does trisorb do?
    they claim its "3 types of patented protein" although im not a expert on that and from seeing your other posts...im not gonna argure nor most likely respond to your next reply :)
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use the Adkins pre-made ones for a quick breakfast (160 cals, 15 gr protein and 1 or 2 carbs) OR slimfast just came out with a carb control one too with similar breakbown
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    I use the Adkins pre-made ones for a quick breakfast (160 cals, 15 gr protein and 1 or 2 carbs) OR slimfast just came out with a carb control one too with similar breakbown

I second the Atkins ones, they are so good!!
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The best I've found is Optimum Nutrition Solid Gold Whey Protein, mocha cappuccino flavor mixed with hot black coffee. One scoop of powder mixed with 12oz of black coffee has 25g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat, tastes like a mocha and mixes perfectly.
  • elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    About Time Vanilla Protein Isolate is the one I like.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Lean Active 7 by Nutracore Nutrition. Tastes great, only has 1g fat, 1g sugar, and gives you 30g protein per scoop and 4 g fiber. Has added probiotics to it, CLA, and a really good amount of anti-oxidants. It is my protein I use before bed and is the protein I will use once I start cutting (I use a mass gainer after workouts right now). It is good for after workouts as well as before bed/ anytime throughout the day because it is a blend consisting of: whey isolate, whey concentrate, egg, 2 different casein proteins, and a milk protein.

Needless to say I am a huge fan!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I used to use nectar by syntax (vanilla torte). Zero fat, sugar, and carbs. It tasted great, but I became intolerant to dairy so I had to switch because it's whey protein. I would reccomend it to the dairy tolerant though.