I feel like I eat a lot...

Options
but I am ALWAYS under 1,200 calories a day. For example, I had two meals for breakfast, and one was an egg mcmuffin. For lunch I ate orange chicken from panda express. I don't really watch what I eat and I eat a lot and somehow I'm always under? This doesn't make sense to me...how will my body go into starvation mode if I eat when I'm hungry?

Replies

• rburd12
    Options
    Are you accurately recording your serving sizes? Do you measure with a food scale and/or measuring cup? It's the only true way to accurately get your calorie count.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    but I am ALWAYS under 1,200 calories a day. For example, I had two meals for breakfast, and one was an egg mcmuffin. For lunch I ate orange chicken from panda express. I don't really watch what I eat and I eat a lot and somehow I'm always under? This doesn't make sense to me...how will my body go into starvation mode if I eat when I'm hungry?

You are under-counting.

You said it yourself "I don't really watch what I eat".

So you are probably eating around 2,000 calories and maintaining your weight (which is just fine if that is you in the photo).

Happy eating!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hunger is your body telling you that you are not giving it what it needs, it's not an early warning system.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

I cannot reply to this innocent little face that looks nowhere near 18. Sorry.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    An Egg McMuffin is 400 calories alone so I'm doubting you stay under 1200 a day although that's probably a good thing!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

An egg mc muffin is 1/4 of your daily calories if you're set at 1200… just the sandwich. if you're not being cognizant of what you eat, chances are you're eating more than you realize. As the first commenter said, the only way to really know what you're taking in is to measure everything. Measuring cups, spoons and a scale!!! You may be surprised at how much you actually eat. But, as yet another commenter noted, you don't look like you need to worry about losing weight. :)

Good luck regardless!
  • havenxx
    Options

what?
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Why not try sparkteens.com, which is designed for teens?

This site is designed for adults, and makes calorie recommendations as such.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options

what?
    She said, "I cannot reply to this innocent little face that looks nowhere near 18. Sorry."
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you may not be recording the serving size properly. Try to make your own meals so you know exactly how much and what you are eating.
  • curvychaos
    Options
    Unless you eat celery for the rest of your meals, I can't see you actually being under 1200 calories. I agree with the other person who said you need to measure your food and that you may be undercounting.
  • havenxx
    Options
    Why not try sparkteens.com, which is designed for teens?

This site is designed for adults, and makes calorie recommendations as such.
    Haha, I'm not that young. You can't correctly judge my age by a bad quality picture of me.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

what?
    She said, "I cannot reply to this innocent little face that looks nowhere near 18. Sorry."

Or, sowwy?
  • havenxx
    Options
    Thanks for the links. I basically just ate a ton of strawberries, some cherries, and a couple bottles of water.
  • curvychaos
    Options
    Hmmm...then you very well could be able to get away with such a low number lol
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Definitely measure your food because it helps. I thought I was eating less sometimes and sometimes I ended up over measuring but it's good to be as accurate as you can and learn about the foods you eat. You technically never have to give up your fave foods but eat them in moderation!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm not that young. You can't correctly judge my age by a bad quality picture of me.
    My 17 year old looks 14. But he looks older than my husband looked at 18!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    27906430.jpg
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Really? Orange chicken from panda express has to be at least 3/4 of your 1200 calories..... at least