Some dinner suggestions for tonight?

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
I already know what I'm gonna have for dinner, but my fiance, due to it being the holidays, doesn't get off work til 10:30pm. And he's starving by then because his lunch, on a good day these days, is at 5pm, or earlier.

What should I make for dinner for him tonight? I realize 10:30-11:00 is ridiculously late to make food, but we gotta make due. I want to keep it as healthy and filling as possible. Because otherwise he'll just pick up fast food.

Lets see....we have ground beef, pasta, shrimp, chicken, rice, dino buddies....and thats about it. Well, bread too. I'm just kinda burnt out right now and don't really know what to cook.

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    chicken stir fry with rice
  • sweetgeek18
    Options
    Shrimp and rice sounds good - add a little soy sauce and some veggies (frozen or canned will work if you don't have fresh) and make a nice light stir fry!
  • tmattis64
    Options
    I agree with what both ladies suggest, but if you're looking for another idea and have the pasta in the spaghetti type, you can boil the noodles al dente and transfer into a fry pan and lightly saute with garlic and TamarI (or soy sauce), lemon pepper spice, add the cooked shrimp. Should be pretty satisfying if he doesn't mind the additional calories from the pasta.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!
  • lynns27
    Options
    With chicken cutlets I've been making an amazingly simple dinner of chicken with lemon and mustard. It's delicious, flavorful, and gets really moist. All you have to do is bake or fry your chicken with mustard and lemon juice, as much or as little as you want!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    you should friend http://www.myfitnesspal.com/sofakingrad_
    he posts amazing pics of his dinners:heart: