A fellow MFPer In Need!

Options
Thursday April 1, I will be out of the office (set up a booth at the local mall). I need 2 meal ideas that do not require a lot of refirigeration (i have a lined lunch bag but its not big), or need reheating to be eaten, A Lunch and A Dinner.

Thanks.

Replies

• drucole
    drucole Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and fresh fruit; most don't have to be refridgerated. If you have to have a meat, try turkey jerky or a tuna pouch. Good luck!
  • drucole
    drucole Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and fresh fruit; most don't have to be refridgerated. If you have to have a meat, try turkey jerky or a tuna pouch. Good luck!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    how bout a sandwich with wheat bread, turkey breast, cheese, mustard, lettuce and tomatoes maybe or any vegetables of ur choice
    - hummus and carrot/broccoli sticks.
    - tuna kit
    - banana
    -apple
    - grapes
    - protein bar
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI....I just picked up this awesome "salad" bowl at TJ Maxx that is completely self contained. It holds up to 4 cups of salad and toppings, has a dressing holder that lets you wait until your ready to disperse it, a built in fork, and in the lid there is a freezer insert that keeps the whole thing cold for hours. I paid $6.99. In my opinion it is the best investment Ive made.

I take that and also a lined lunchbag with another meal (I have a few 14 hour days and I don't want to be tempted by junk so I overpack "good" food).

Some good choices....

~ Salad :smile:
    ~ Apples (no fridge required)
    ~ Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast on a deli thin (you can go hit up Chick-fil-A for a light mayo package )
    ~ Baby Carrots and Hummus (quick and easy!)
  • queensara2478
    Options
    for lunch; a sandwich, an apple and a low fat string cheese, then for dinner you could have some cold veggies, like carrots, celery, cucumber with a cold pasta salad mixed with some low fat cheese and beans. Make sure to pack some healthy snacks for the long day. Good Luck.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Some snack ideas - homemade trail mix , mini light babybel w/triscuits and energy bars ( I like Luna) are great to have and don't need refrigeration. It's also a good idea to bring your own water. Good luck!
  • jessw86
    jessw86 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm not sure about you but I think the salad idea is awesome and I'm hitting up TJ max asap to buy one of those things! haha... Also maybe some reduced fat pbutter on wheat toast along with a banana, the protein keeps me feeling full and no refrigeration required! I also love the special k protein meal bars but if you like quantity I'd go with the salad idea. Snacks... pop a mini bag of popcorn before you go, again more quantity with fewer calories.
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    I've been keeping a zone bar in my purse and found that they do fill you up. Could do one of those for lunch along with your favorite fresh fruit. I've also done Potbellys sandwich works - if you get a sandwich from there, you can eat 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner along with fruit/veggies or a single serving of chips. If you call Potbellys the night before and tell them what you want, they'll have it ready for you before they open (or at least the one near me will). Panera Bread will also do sandwiches in the morning and you could do the same thing, just bring one icepack (and a ziploc bag) to put next to it and you'll be good. I mention the restaraunts because if everyone around me is eating great mall things, I couldn't just sit and eat pbj without being unhappy. : )