Frustrated for not seeing the scale go down.

Options
I have been doing Turbo Fire 6 days a week for the last 3 weeks. I have totally change my eating habits yet I have not lost a single pound. Now I'm starting to run again. Why are the pound not flying off?? I'm 5" 2 cw 141 gw 125. What else can I do to get it moving??

Replies

• moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    you havnt got alot to loose and your working out hard so i can understand the frustration.From things i have read on other posts it seems alot of people do measurments aswell as the scales dont always give you a true picture of your progress
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. Your diary is closed, and you don't tell us how many calories you are eating. You may still be eating too much, or too little. Can't say. But I understand your frustration. You might get more help if you open or diary or give more info.
  • Kynzmomma09
    Kynzmomma09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    are u clothes feeling loose? if ur losing inches its better than pounds. are u mixing up ur routines? staying at or under ur calorie goal?
  • ClHiggins35
    ClHiggins35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I open up my diary so you can check it out. Some of my problem might be not eating enough.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I open up my diary so you can check it out. Some of my problem might be not eating enough.

Not eating enough will do it.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Few things - are you measuring your exercise burns with a heart rate monitor?
    Are you weighing, measuring all your food?

Once you know you have your numbers right I will look at tracking your sugar.....
    On the whole the food you eat is not too bad, but I suspect your sugar intake might be a bit high,,,,

The key is to play with the numbers - and also what you eat till you get it right - takes time, and can be frustrating!

And as others said - make sure you take measurements!
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I DONT KNOW... BUT I FEEL THE SAME WAY :(
  • garciabnm
    Options
    First thing, scales lie. They do not tell you how lose your clothes are. they dont tell you how less jiggly your arms are. They dont tell you how much better you feel from eating right and exercise. Trust me, when your weight catches on to what the rest of your body is doing , the weight will drop. Dont get discouraged and keep at it.
  • ClHiggins35
    Options
    I DONT KNOW... BUT I FEEL THE SAME WAY :(

It is hard when you work so hard.
  • ClHiggins35
    Options
    First thing, scales lie. They do not tell you how lose your clothes are. they dont tell you how less jiggly your arms are. They dont tell you how much better you feel from eating right and exercise. Trust me, when your weight catches on to what the rest of your body is doing , the weight will drop. Dont get discouraged and keep at it.

I do feel a hole lot better about my self. I love exercising!! I guess we all expect a big change as soon as we start moving are butts LOL...
  • dorlincecum
    dorlincecum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know how hard you are working and I can understand your frustration but don't give up. I would say don't weigh for a week and keep up what you are doing. Weigh and measure everything, even tastes,etc. As some poster said "you don't have a lot to lose and that makes it harder. You are not gaining YEY!!!!!!!

ITSNEVERTOLATE
  • Cutie_browneyes2004
    Options
    I think maybe sometimes people's bodies take a while to catch up to what their doing... I know I have this problem too ( i also like to eat bad things but try my best to fit it in my calories). I'm getting off my birth control this month to see if that does anything. I hear everyone is different as far as that goes so i'm going to try it and see what it does for me. I hope you start seeing a change soon! :)
  • jeffrypaul
    Options
    If you are consistently under your calorie intake for the day, consider tracking your water intake. Make sure you are drinking at least 8, eight ounce glasses of water (more if you excercise).

-- a suggestion I heard from somebody doing Weight Watchers.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. You started a new exercise routine so you will be retaining water. Give it a few more weeks. Just make sure you are at a reasonable calorie deficit and be very accurate with measuring/weighing and logging your food.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Turbo Fire 6 days a week for the last 3 weeks. I have totally change my eating habits yet I have not lost a single pound. Now I'm starting to run again. Why are the pound not flying off?? I'm 5" 2 cw 141 gw 125. What else can I do to get it moving??

Hi there!

When I was starting out, my highest weight was around 143ish I believe at 5'2. I was able to through diet and exercise, that is 5 days of cardio and strength training, loose 13lbs after three months while in uni. There was serious dedication and due diligence that was involved. But at our height and the small amount of weight needed to be lost it takes some serious time haha.

I'm currently looking to loose the last 10lbs but i know it'll take monthsss. But one thing that's really helped me during my journey was simply avoiding the scales and sticking diligently ( as often as possible) to 1400kcal or so, this is with exercise factored in. You should definitely look into running in addition to picking up a strength training program...it does wonders especially if your frustrated with lack of scale movement.

I'm here for support if needed!
  • sherrainc
    Options
    I'm also 5"2 but my calorie intake is between 1000 to 1200 cals and I'm continually loosing 1kg per week. You may need to decrease your calorie intake in order to loose weight.
  • dorlincecum
    dorlincecum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You are bound to lose because you have been working so hard. Hang in there.:flowerforyou: