Husband and Wife 1 Year Results

Options
BurtHuttz
BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
My wife (Weese17) and I started with FitDay but didn't really like the user interface or database (although the reports were great!) but we came to MyFitnessPal earlier this year. Much better site. Anyway, below is a picture of us at Thanksgiving in 2011, and to follow is Thanksgiving 2012.

Cumulative weight lost (for the two of us) 90lbs.

374341_10150384218281603_1054878279_n.jpg
205158_10151146603791603_1171160574_n.jpg

Edited to add: It might go slowly at times, but just stick with it and only make minor tweaks. You'll get there!

Replies

• BodyAlchemist
    BodyAlchemist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just read a post about non supportive SO and it's nice to see a couple get healthy together. And your children are super cute!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Thank you - the non-supportive spouse post was actually what made me decide to put this up. I'm normally not one to share this much as you can tell by my white-faced avatar, but couples CAN do it!! I saw Weese doing it and decided I had to keep pace because she was doing so well. (Monkey see, monkey do, QT.)
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love seeing success stories from people that go into their weight loss journey together. I know a lot of people that aren't lucky enough to have a support system in their life while trying to get healthy. I am fortunate in that both my boyfriend and best friend are supportive.

Congrats to you both! You look awesome :D
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You are such an inspiration to me. Since July, I have lost 31 pounds. Started with MyCalorieCounter, but it was too buggy and inconsistent. Changed to MyFitnessPal, and I am really happy with it. Currently working with a dietician and an exercise physiologist at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Hope to be at or near my goal weight by next July.

Keep up the good work!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wow...this is so completely beyond awesome!
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Great job. I have to say I'm recovering from an injury and I just want to be able to keep up with my husband again! It's nice to see people doing it together. Cheers to both of you!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    great job!! U both should be proud!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Amazing job you two! It's nice to have someone close to you for support :happy:
  • LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you guys look incredible well done. So much change in you but your wife also looks gorgeous
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    WOW! You two make a great team!

Good inspiration for those cute kids too! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You two look so freaking incredible. Well done you guys. Be so proud of yourself and what you have accomplished!
  • elorawood
    elorawood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, You guys look great - and what a beautiful Family!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's WONDERFUL that you two did it together!! My husband is having a hard time. He lost 19 pounds that he DID NOT have to lose. He's 6"1" and went down to 166 pounds. He was 190-195 in the service. He stayed around 185 when he retired. So we fluctuate between meals that I need and meals that he needs. Needless to say, my weight loss has slowed down since the dr. told him to gain his weight back.

But back to you..I think it's WONDERFUL!! And you look so HAPPY!! Congrats!!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words! Nachise, good luck at WR - talk about inspiration, walking around that place!

That's WONDERFUL that you two did it together!! My husband is having a hard time. He lost 19 pounds that he DID NOT have to lose. He's 6"1" and went down to 166 pounds. He was 190-195 in the service. He stayed around 185 when he retired. So we fluctuate between meals that I need and meals that he needs. Needless to say, my weight loss has slowed down since the dr. told him to gain his weight back.

I can imagine how hard that must be . . . it was easier for us because we spoke the same calorie-counting lingo and prepared low-cal high protein meals for the family. I never would have been able to do it without her.

So I can also imagine how hard it must be to try to get him very high calorie or nutrition-dense foods while trying to prepare yourself filling but light meals. What a major challenge you're facing. Too bad you can't just give him what you want to get rid of and everyone call it even :-)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Wow..almost look like a whole different family..
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You both look great and good for you bragging on your wife :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    So sweet and awesomel..You guys are a team for sure...Great Job
  • PandaMo
    PandaMo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HMMmAzing!! Yall are an awesome beautiful family! :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    well done by both of you, congrats and cute kids!
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    oh my kudos for sticking through with it, you both look spectacular and might i add 10 years younger!! I have to agree though you guys do look like a completly different family...kids grow up fast in a year don't they! Awesome job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!