just a quick question hope; somebody can answer about food.

Options
so I was wondering if it's a good ideato eat the same food for at least a few weeks so you can get your bearings. Even though I have been on here for a long time I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. So I was wondering if this would help me get to my goals quicker and learn along the way. Any advice or reply is appreciated.

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If you make sure it is balanced with needed nutrition it should be fine, might get boring but if you think it will help just make sure you Get enough nutrition. Include fats, carbs, and proteins, a variety of veggies and/ or fruits for vitamins and minerals, calcium and iron. Good luck
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you are asking, the same single food or the same small range of foods? If the former, absolutely not, if the latter depends if your selection contains all the nutrients your body needs. In general for health its recommended to eat a wide variety of different foods. Get your bearings in what sense?
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to this and I am pretty much eating the same food every day. I will get bored soon so need to come up with some more ideas. Seems like a good plan to me and it seems to be working.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A lot of people eat the same breakfast and lunch every day. It doesn't seem like a bad idea to eat roughly the same food for a few weeks. I've done this before just from pre-preparing meals for a week. As long as you don't eat the same three meals for a year, I don't think you need to worry about the repetition itself being bad for you.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    eating the same foods is okay, but i would eat a larger variety of foods in order to not miss out on certain micronutrients.
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I don't think it's bad, but it sounds boring. Honestly, I don't have too much time most of the time but I'll use my diary for the next day to try out meal combinations and get a sense of the calories and nutrients and such. I do this on my days off when I have the time. Then, when I'm done I go grocery shopping! I like to have a plan for the week. If I keep at least variety, I'm more likely to stick to it, but that's me...
  • Kimberlylewis5453
    Options
    When I started to get involved with fitness and health I started out eating the same things every day for a few months. Once I started losing fat and learning more about nutrition I was able to play around more with different veggies and things. Now a days I like to go by with what's in season.

I know what you mean about getting a fresh start at first though, that's why I ate the same thing in the beginning, it's kind of a way to break free from the processed junk food.

:)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't really see how that would help. I mean, then you would know one set of foods are good and how they make you feel, etc, but what happens when you start eating other things?
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it, as long as you don't get yourself into a rut. You want your new, healthy eating habits to be flexible with the real world. With that being said, I probably had the same breakfast (protein shake & coffee when I got up and a banana about an hour and a half later) for at least 6 months when I was losing all my weight.

Honestly, the key is to find whatever works for YOU. We all have different lives, different situations, and different schedules, and it becomes all too easy to become judgmental about someone else's like without knowing all the facts.