https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=540057432671115

Or this one:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=538540216156170

Please i need only opinion of experts so i don't damage my nipples :frown:

Replies

• FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The first, incline bench press, reduces stress on the lower pectoral and increases the stress on the upper pecs and shoulders.

Flat bench press stress is more focused on the lower pecs.

Both are important... I do both (then again, I'm neither a guy nor am I shredded).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Not sure if serious. Plus the links don't open on my tablet so I'm relying on F&F33's description.

If you're deciding between flat and incline bench the answer is yes. Just like F&F said.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to grow your chest muscles, then I highly recommend ANY chest-focused exercise. For example, drop push-ups are much more effective. I also like inclined dumbbell raises instead of inclined bench. It also works your stabilizer muscles better. Also, unless I am misinformed, you want to focus on heavy weights and low reps to bulk up.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    chest flys
  • DavPul
    Options
    chest flys
    With light weight for high reps, of course
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Did anyone watch the videos? :embarassed:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Sorry. Facebook was down when I first saw this.

The first one shows the advantage of a beer belly.
    That second one will probably have one side of his chest bigger than the other one. Hahahahaha!!!
  • StrongerThanThor
    Options

Sorry. Facebook was down when I first saw this.

The first one shows the advantage of a beer belly.
    That second one will probably have one side of his chest bigger than the other one. Hahahahaha!!!

Can't we consider first video as a workout for both abs and chest? Lol
  • dave4d
    Options

Can't we consider first video as a workout for both abs and chest? Lol

I have seen an ab workout that consisted of having someone whack you in the gut with a bamboo stick. 300 + lbs of barbell hitting the gut would probably be quite an ab workout.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Do incline and flat bench both. I'm a believer in not neglecting anything if it can be helped, haha.
  • DavPul
    Options

The link was dead most of the day so we all missed your little joke. I thought the issue was my tablet but I guess no one got in.

Better luck next time
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was trying to figure out why beer belly guy was using wrist straps for "bench press."
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ROFL ROFL They are hysterical!

I was doing barbell lateral lifts and had to keep an eye on lifting both arms the same, so easy to compensate with the dominant side.
    Seriously that second guy is a hoot, the way his whole side lifts up! Does he know what he is doing? or is it meant to be a joke??

Beer belly guy is just being silly... surely LOL Infact he way it bounced off his belly, i reckon he had some ball under his shirt LOL
  • dave4d
    Options
    I was trying to figure out why beer belly guy was using wrist straps for "bench press."

I pointed that out to my wife as I watched it. Wrist straps don't do anything for bench pressing. There's no challenge to grip in that position.
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Yes, and the beer belly guy was hysterical. I guess he need straps to keep the bar from getting away from him and bouncing into the mirror. I guess the second guy is a "lefty" :tongue:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I pointed that out to my wife as I watched it. Wrist straps don't do anything for bench pressing. There's no challenge to grip in that position.

I thought the same thing!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    see below
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Yes, and the beer belly guy was hysterical. I guess he need straps to keep the bar from getting away from him and bouncing into the mirror. I guess the second guy is a "lefty" :tongue:

lol.
    saw this vid the other week. pretty awful. laughed hard
  • StrongerThanThor
    Options

Damn man i was wondering the same! But we can't deny that he has strong belly to push the bar!