looking for some buddies

Options
Well.......I am stuck in a rut.....up 3 pounds....down 2.....up 4 pounds down 1....like a roller coaster and its really defeating and since it is physically impossible to actually tape my mouth shut so i don't shove food down it......I was just looking for some tips for what works for other people.....what keeps u on track?

I have lost about 90 pounds over 3 years and my goal weight is about 20 more....I just can't get it through my thick skull that I can actually achieve my goal weight....instead I just keep sabotaging myself and then have eaters regret.......so any advice anyone has to share with me....i would great appreciate.....there are amazing people on MFP and incredibly determined, which is exactly what I need, so the more friends/ motivational people I have the better.

Replies

• Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am 42 very soon and have around 28lbs I would like to lose. Losing 90 pounds is amazing! I am on here most days so please feel free to add me xx
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Motivation is very personal - maybe have some targets that aren't just about weight? Fitness goals, health goals, activity goals, clothes you want to wear?

Here's some "tools" that might help with the uncontrolled eating:
    Try not to have the stuff you can't resist in the house.
    Substitute lower calorie snacks if you really have the munchies (carrots, celery...)
    Save some calories during the day so you can allow yourself a snack or treat but still meet your goal.
    Don't deny yourself your favourite foods - just make them a treat but control portion size.
    Make yourself wait 10 minutes when you have the impulse to eat to ensure you are hungry rather than bored.
    Earn your calories through exercise/activity.

You have done amazingly well over the last 3 years - congratulations!
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My total goal is 22lbs. I like to support my MFP friends & get the same back :)
    I'm a certified fitness instructor, so hopefully I can offer some advise aswell. I've sent a request.
  • trophylicious
    trophylicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!

I know what you're feeling! The hardest person to work with is yourself but you really should take a minute to look back at your amazing success so far!! Feel free to add me and I'm happy to be there for you!

Personally, I am in my last few weeks of being 28 and the thought of hitting 30 still fighting with my weight is enough to make me crazy!

With 55 pounds to lose so that I'm comfortably out of the 200s I still have a ways to go myself. Hopefully we'll be able to motivate each other! I'm using Beachbody workouts and shakeology and feel like it's all within reach. What's your plan to get you to the finish line?
  • jstrickler
    jstrickler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW.....I love you all!!!! Huge support!!!!......I think we can do this too if we team up....stay positive and push each other!!

It drives me crazy......I am a family practice nurse and give out weight loss advice often but then don't stay accountable myself....so I need to practice what I preach and stop making excuses!!!

So I use to belong to weight watchers and although that is a great program I find this easier.....except what was huge for me with weight watchers was the meetings and weigh ins.....do u think we could sorta create something like that here? Maybe once a week on a certain day we all weigh in and post....and maybe share some tips or what the week was like? I don't know.....I just tend to be better when I am accountable to someone other than myself.....what do you think?

THANK A TON ALREADY.......I seriously need all of you and whatever I can do to help you I am here for you!!!!!
  • jpc106
    jpc106 Posts: 16
    Options
    Always happy for anyone to add me!
  • trophylicious
    trophylicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in for sure! Let's pick a date and time that we will weigh-in. Maybe we should create a group so that anyone struggling with staying accountable to their goals has a safe place to share? Let me know!
  • Zedusa
    Zedusa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I need to feel accountable as well to keep going at it. I started in November. I want to get out of the 200's. As the days are going by it is starting to get harder to keep the motivation going. I think a weigh in group would be a wonderful idea. Please add me!!!