ADDICTED

Options
Hi I have been on mfp on and off for about a year now , at
First I lost weight but then slacked off and started eating fries again ( like everyday)
And started drinking the soda instead of water , I know it's wrong as I feel utterly guilty
When I have finished them but I just don't know how to stop , I have now out all the weight I lost
Back on ,,,, can anyone help me :( or suggest tips that will help

Replies

• Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key. Trust me. :-)
  • shella_bella
    Options
    - pre-log your diaries
    - have a cheat day or 1 cheat snack/day
    - wean yourself off, don't go cold turkey
    - log in bad foods before you eat them so you can see the affect they will have on your calorie intake/macro's
    - add lemon, lime, cucumber, berries to flavour your water.
    - pack snacks with you so you don't grab something when you are out

self control is the biggest thing..which is hard I know..I have little to none!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    - pre-log your diaries
    - log in bad foods before you eat them so you can see the affect they will have on your calorie intake/macro's

this!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Will power! It may sound mean, but will power is the answer.
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options

This is really helpful, also don't ban yourself from anything. I've always found that it makes self control harder, especially once you cave in, it's even harder to stop!
    If you want to treat yourself, just burn the calories off. Just aim to have your net calories about 500 lower than what you use per day, as you'll probably find that easier to maintain longer term.

If you really want soda, have the diet ones that are only a couple of calories, but dont go over board.
    & carry around a bottle of water with you all the time, you'll probably find you feel like soda less if you're hydrated & less hungry, alot of people mistake thirst for hunger.
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options
    Agreed on pre-logging/planning meals. Helps a lot!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    weekly cheat meal is so important for most ppl!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    - pre-log your diaries

Very much this!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options

True....but make sure not to turn a cheat meal or cheat day into a week of poor choices. Get back on the train. Remember that your journey is supposed to be long term and it is the TURTLE that wins the race. : )
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    okay. so yes all the above people are right.

but, listen. im a picky eater type.
    i eat basically junk.. this one time i ate nutella and hot pockets for lunch( jose is still giving me hell for that one)
    but, listen i still drink soda, i still eat " junk food"
    i dont like veggies and my salad consists of bacon bits and cheese( needless to say, i dont get the salad bar)
    but, i get my macros.
    i drink water.
    i have to do protein shakes cause i lift.
    ( ^refer to picky eater type)
    no, im not saying to not eat healthier,i would if i liked half that stuff.. 100 calorie pack cookies are amazing though.
    and ive switched to lean meat.. you just have to find what works for you.

google: if it fits your macros.
    It's worth a google.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    People make it so complicated.

Drop the guilt.
    Eat below your total calorie needs.
    Watch your macros.

That is it.
    Eating food that is considered healthier will help because it generally has less calories vs nutrients but it is no requirement.

Everything else are just ways and means to get to the above.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

True....but make sure not to turn a cheat meal or cheat day into a week of poor choices. Get back on the train. Remember that your journey is supposed to be long term and it is the TURTLE that wins the race. : )
    100%
  • chaosqueen01
    chaosqueen01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    People make it so complicated.

Drop the guilt.
    Eat below your total calorie needs.
    Watch your macros.

That is it.
    Eating food that is considered healthier will help because it generally has less calories vs nutrients but it is no requirement.

Everything else are just ways and means to get to the above.

For me, this is true - plus a lot of sports. One year ago I did not that much sports. I went diving all summer long, but once a week is not enough sports to make your body fitter.

Now I'm running two to three times a week, I'm going to the gym one to two times a week and I'm in a spinning class once a week.

I'm still eating fries and crisps and chocolates, but less. I don't even want these things anymore, and when I eat them, they are not that tasty anymore.

I don't eat that much fruits and vegetables that I "should", but I eat less than my daily goal (or at least not that much more) and I eat things I really like.

The mysterious thing is: I'm losing weight. So my personal way of losing weight is sports. And eating whatever I feel like, but not the whole chocolate bar, only a few pieces. Enjoy it, don't feel guilty about it! And never eat while doing something else, especially no sweets and crisps and so on (yeah, this is what I still have to learn ...).
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    - pre-log your diaries

Yep this is how you do it!