Working out in the top floor apartment????

Options
Ok, i have been doing turbo fire for about a month at around the same time every day im supposed to....in the living room because i know that working out in the bedroom would have been rude. so tonight the husband comes up here banging on my door saying he needs sleep....he scared the heck out of me. does anyone have any advice? thanks in advance

Replies

• Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Do you mean your husband? Or the husband that lives in the apt below you?

If you haven't aready, try would try to have a polite conversation with him to see if there is a better time that you can both agree on. You have every right to workout in your own apt that you pay rent for, but maybe switching the time would make it a more peaceful environment.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would not workout in a top floor apt.
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    Do you mean your husband? Or the husband that lives in the apt below you?

If you haven't aready, try would try to have a polite conversation with him to see if there is a better time that you can both agree on. You have every right to workout in your own apt that you pay rent for, but maybe switching the time would make it a more peaceful environment.

I meant the husband from downstairs came to my door. I am going to have my fiance' talk to him when he comes home from work because I should be able to work out in the living room at a respectable time. I pay just as much rent as he does. They probably got into a fight and he fell asleep on the couch because any other day i work out, nobody says anything.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I work out in a top floor apartment. I have this mat: http://amzn.to/124PtVl which is massive and very thick, and I work out just in socks, no shoes. Had no problems at all. If you're wearing shoes and not using much padding you'll probably be shaking the whole building.
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    I work out in a top floor apartment. I have this mat: http://amzn.to/124PtVl which is massive and very thick, and I work out just in socks, no shoes. Had no problems at all. If you're wearing shoes and not using much padding you'll probably be shaking the whole building.

Lol, well i use the mat that came with turbo fire and I only work out in socks also. I will check out that mat. Thanx
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I live on the top floor apartment & I work out in my living room, as long as it's a reasonable hour, how much noise could I make? My neighbours have done much worse at all sorts of hours and I've grinned and beared it, so it's fair that they deal with it aswell.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It very much depends on how the place is put together, I live below the top floor apartment here and because the place is a converted house I can hear everything. The T.V (often word for word) every step, chopping in the kitchen, opening draws and cupboards, hell if I leave the bathroom door open by mistake I can even here the shower and the toilet. It all depends on how much insulation there is in your place. However all that being said I would not have an issue with someone getting in their daily workout in the living room any time between 9:am and 9:pm. Past 9:pm I think I would request they change the time as jumping up and down or running around shakes the entire place and can be heard from anywhere in it. Also he might be a shift or night worker that can make things even harder.
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I used to live in an apt building and did very noisey work outs, but so long as they are after 9am and before 10pm, I don't really see a problem. Does your downstairs neighbour do shift work or have young children? I could make allowances for things like that, but making noise for an hour in your own home shouldn't be a big deal. Though I would recommend you bringing this up with him yourself, and leave your husband out of it.