metabolism type

Has anyone tried eating according to their metabolism type.Saw an episode of Dr. OZ about this wondered if it worked?

Thanks

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Dr oz....... bahaha this should be good *grabs popcorn*
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Has anyone tried eating according to their metabolism type.Saw an episode of Dr. OZ about this wondered if it worked?

Thanks

my metabolism type is human. So I have been eating like one of those things. Seems to be working. Dr. Oz be da man!
  • dayaisy
    dayaisy Posts: 25 Member
    Are you making fun of me ? lol... i never watch but did because the topic seemed interesting... he listed four metabolism types and described them. I was A and everything about it was bang on about me....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    If it's on Dr. Oz, it's generally a gimmick...
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Before this gets too nasty...can you tell me some of what Dr Oz is saying? I am curious.
  • dayaisy
    metabolism A should eat larger portions of protein and real fats less carbs darker cuts of meat. no low fat cheese etc... A metabloism craves salt.
    b metabloism craves sweets - still protein but not as much and they could handle more carbs butshould eat lighter cuts of meats
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/your-metabolism-type-diet

It's like bloody horoscopes or something...
  • dayaisy
    could be total crap which is why i asked if anyone tried it
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    metabolism A should eat larger portions of protein and real fats less carbs darker cuts of meat. no low fat cheese etc... A metabloism craves salt.
    b metabloism craves sweets - still protein but not as much and they could handle more carbs butshould eat lighter cuts of meats

Everyone should eat large portions of proteins and fats as it maintains satiety and reducing carbs to moderate amounts will reduce glycogen/water storage. You honestly don't need anything fancy. The more whole foods you eat, the better it will be as processed foods come with water storage. So if you eat lean meats, poultry, fish, fruits and veggies, you will be good to go.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    If it's on Dr. Oz, it's generally a gimmick...

Yup.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    could be total crap which is why i asked if anyone tried it

the best way to lose weight is to eat less and move more... it really is that simple!! it doesnt matter what metabolism type/blood type or anything else type you are!
  • Dave198lbs
    b metabloism craves sweets -

hmmmm

so...our metabolism is like a little dude inside us with taste buds and memory and stuff like that?
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    This makes me want to write a horoscope diet plan. I'd make millions.
  • Swissmiss
    Are there only two types?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I thought a craving for sweets was more to do with blood sugar levels and tastebuds than being a seperate species. Silly me.
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    I watched that video, but haven't bothered following along -- its just easier for me to eat the healthy foods I like.

I've only seen a few Oz videos online, but I wouldn't call him a quack / gimmick. He's a very accomplished doctor. I think he's simply exposing the audience to many different theories/research in health/fitness. And he does it in an upbeat, easy to understand way. I wouldn't follow all the advice, but the more you know, the better off you'd be at making your own informed decisions.
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Do what works for you, what feels right, what is healthy ... it will fall into place. I am not a big Oz fan, but certainly not going to bash you for watching. Make this a life journey and I am confident what you choose will 'work' for you!
  • Swissmiss
    Can you tell us how to know the different types?

Just looking over the "A" and "B". One craves sweets while the other craves salt? I do both, depending on how my day is going or what I am simply graving.
  • Dave198lbs
    Can you tell us how to know the different types?

the video is posted above.
  • Dr. Oz is one of those spineless snake oil peddlers. Don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. If he said water is wet, I would question it.