1 week break that lasted a month!?!

Options
Okay, so about 3 weeks ago I decided to take a 1 week break from myfitnesspal (meaning I wouldn't log ANY of my foods). I don't plan on using myfitnesspal my entire life, I want to adapt healthier eating habits and not have to worry about constantly charting my calories and stuff.

The bad news:
I've been on this 1 week break for 3 weeks!!! I haven't charted anything in about a month and I'm constantly telling myself "On Sunday I'll start up again- I'll chart my foods again" but it never happens! Where is my motivation??

The good news:
I haven't gained a lot of weight from the period before my break (only about 2 lbs).

The question:
How do I regain my motivation and get back on track with myfitnesspal.
Like I said, I don't plan on using myfitnesspal forever, but I don't feel that I'm quite ready to just up and quit it. This 3 week break has shown me that I still need to, occasionally, monitor what I eat.

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i ended up having a break from here a few times, my head just wasnt in the right place. now however it is. i just look at photos of myself, clothes i want to fit into in shops and know i have what it takes to lose the last few stone :) if you have any pics of yourself that you really dont like, stick them to your fridge, anywhere you will see them daily. i keep motivated by my friends on here as well!!
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My advice is that you keep on tracking whether you feel like you need to or not. 2lbs in a month may not seem like a lot but over the course of a year that is a lot of weight. I am trying to maintain my weight and have no plans to stop monitoring my food and exercise for at least another year (and that is only if I feel comfortable that I have this maintenance thing down). Don't worry about having to do this every day for the rest of your life just focus on doing it now.