Net calories

Options
I have been doing the MFP calorie counting and exercise for the last wk and my diary shows 2073 net calories under the weekly goal. What does this mean ?? Answers please anyone

Replies

• craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, that just means that you're under your weekly goal by 2073kcal...
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Lets say you ate exactly your goal each day before exercise and you burned 2073 calories with exercise your net calories below goal would be 2073. I would guess that it was a combination of not eating to your goal everyday and exercise that got you to that number of calories... Feel free to add me... Anyone can... I'm easy like that... I've dropped 107 since July 1st and have a bit of an idea as to what's going on...
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The 1,200 calorie me would have said congrats but now I see it as 2,000 delicious calories you should have/could have enjoyed.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ok so say your daily goal is 1200 calories. That means, in any given week you have 1200*7=8400 calories a week. To be under 2017 in a week that means you had 6383 calories for the week, or an average of under 1000 per day which could mean you had a few lower days, or were under goal by 100ish a day....since it's hard to hit EXACT numbers with your daily goal, you might end up under every week. That's all.
  • shilpaca
    shilpaca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So it is a good thing then to be under? My goal daily is 1200 calories. I have stayed on tip or under it along with burning calories doing exercise. So as far as stick to this I should loose weight right?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    So it is a good thing then to be under? My goal daily is 1200 calories. I have stayed on tip or under it along with burning calories doing exercise. So as far as stick to this I should loose weight right?

If you are recording everything correctly then yes you should.