For myself and my children

Options
Hi I'm Stephanie or Georgie. Whichever you prefer. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and I'm just plain sick of it. It's only gotten worse with having two kids, as I'm sure you can imagine. I've got about 40lbs of "baby weight" and another 60lbs that I had before to lose. Anybody with a lot of weight to lose wanting a buddy can send me a message. I've tried so many different diets and supplements and none of them work. I can't "diet" right now because I'm breastfeeding, but I am looking to reduce the number of calories I'm taking in (it was ridiculous) and excercise more (not hard since 1 minute would be more than I was)

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    HI there. You have come to the right place to help you on your weight loss journey. The forums here are really useful and the people are a great source of comfort and motivation. If you ever hit the brick wall and feel like nothing is happening the come here and let off some steam. You can do it if you really want to. Good luck.
  • ank5
    ank5 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just started three days ago, not the easiest to do but so far so good! I've cut down my calorie intake, and have started exercising. I am trying to lose pregnancy weight and lower my cholesterol. Good luck on your weight loss endeavors! You can do it!
  • jessenhollysmom
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, I'm Cris. I also am just starting out today and want to lose 100 lbs. I've always been over wt and have yo-yo'd up and down over the years. This time I'd like to change my lifestyle instead of going on a "diet" that I'm going to fall off of as soon as I reach my goal. :flowerforyou: If I can figure out how, I'd like to ad you as a friend
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, I'm Cris. I also am just starting out today and want to lose 100 lbs. I've always been over wt and have yo-yo'd up and down over the years. This time I'd like to change my lifestyle instead of going on a "diet" that I'm going to fall off of as soon as I reach my goal. :flowerforyou: If I can figure out how, I'd like to ad you as a friend

Seeing this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet is the best way to approach this journey. Diets are designed to punish people for liking food. Plus diets normally end and when they do people often put the weight back on (plus some more). If you look at it as a lifestyle change and actually and honestly record what you eat then over time you will lose weight. If you can introduce some exercise into your weekly routine then this will also help you lose those inches.

Good luck to you all.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you :) and good luck, welcome.