a beginnerwho needs advice

Options
well I am new here and new to tracking food and exercising anyway , I eat about 1500 a day which is exactly what my body needs according to my basic metabolic rate and I do 30 ds twice per day plus pop pilates workout calender except when I am too sore and cant complete all workouts written in calendar I started following this routine since the beginning of this month and I am hoping to lose about 34 pounds but I don't think it's enough what I am doing I thought I would be able to workout harder but my body is just too tired and sore :( will I be able to lose weight like that ? am I working out enough and eating right or not ?

Replies

• Akumu
    Akumu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is what you would need to sustain your body functioning at complete rest. Check out this article and use the calorie calculator within it to get your calorie range depending on your physical activity. You need to eat enough to fuel your body for the workouts.

http://straighthealth.com/pages/qna/caloriedeficit.html
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    to lose 34 pounds without losing a lot of muscle mass should take you about 8 months at a minimum

do you have the patience for that?

learning patience is very important
  • hellonothing
    Options
    @ dave198lbs yes I do have patience for that I was wondering if what I am doing is right or not enough because I am really frustrated that I cant do more
    @akumu Thak you very much I already knew my BMR which is 1500 calories a day
  • Akumu
    Options
    If you are eating 1500 calories per day because that is your BMR, that is not enough, especially with the workouts you are doing. Is 30ds meant to be done twice a day? That seems a little too much but I am not familiar with that program. If you are not eating enough to fuel your body with all that activity then you may not see the scale move at all.
  • Akumu
    Options
    Also, the calorie calculator is for your TDEE, not your BMR.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    2 sessions of 30DS and pilates each day is ambitious if you have only been doing it 11 days. Don't worry that you are getting tired and sore yet.

You can actually over train, especially when starting out.

get your nutrition right and stick with the 30DS and you will start getting in better shape and you can adjust as you go along.

good luck
  • hellonothing
    Options
    @akumu oh it seems I am lacking lots of information , would you mind explaining me what is a TDEE ? and 30 DS is supposed to be done once only but I feel it is not enough
  • hellonothing
    Options
    @dave198lbs but just 20 min of workout is not enough I burn only 150 calories in it plus it is not that hard for me ?
  • Akumu
    Options
    TDEE is total daily energy expenditure. It's the energy you put out with all your activity. BMR is just what your body needs to live, not to move around or workout. That article explains it pretty well. The calorie calculator within the article will tell you what range of calories you should consume per day, taking into account how much you are exercising. As an example, my TDEE is 2347 calories because I work out 5 days a week. If I ate this everyday I would maintain the weight I am at now. To lose weight, my calorie range is 1597-1847, so I try to eat within this. I would advise that you read the article and also get your TDEE numbers. That should help you out a lot. Good luck and feel free to message me if you have any questions :)
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without ever exercising (I wouldn't recommend it though). Weight loss is strictly about whether or not you are consuming enough calories to maintain your current weight. If you are not then you will lose weight. So keep your calories in check and exercise when you are able to. Eventually the workouts that you are doing will not leave you as sore and you will be able to do more. Good luck!
  • hellonothing
    Options
    @akumnu thank you sooo much that is a great article :smile:
    @165ordietryin thanks for your advice :smile: