Need new Running GPS any suggestions

Options
Hello

I was out at a running event on the weekend and when I got home my Garmin 305 no longer was working. I thought the battery could be dead but charged it all up and still nothing. So I guess I will be out shopping looking for a new one to put under my Christmas Tree. I am training now for the Disney Princess so I really need one to keep my pace. I know you can get apps for your phones however it's not practical when my phone is ALWAYS in my fuel belt. I use my gps to track my pace as I run, the average pace at the end of my run, how far I have gone as well as 10:1 as I hydrate at my one minute walk break

Any suggestions would be greatly appreiated!!

Replies

• scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    You could always go with the 310. Just slightly different than your 305.

The Timex Run Trainer does have an option to add fuel/eat/etc alarms, which is kinda cool. Big ugly watch, but you ran with a 305 :p

I believe the Garmin 610 does run/rest setups too. The Forerunner 10 does, IIRC, but it may be too simple if your used to a 305.
  • Krissy563
    Krissy563 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue with my Forerunner 110 the other day -- it seemed dead to the world but eventually I got it to work again. Some Googling revealed this is a problem others have had. Try https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?9675-Forerunner-305-won-t-turn-on/page6 -- hope that helps.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm in love with my 310xt. I wasn't in love with the price, but having spent it, I'm convinced it was worth it. Got the cadence sensor for my bike too, and will be playing with that this weekend.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you like the large display and the features in the 305 then the 310XT is the way to go.