Options
    In honour of all my MFP romances .... (including you, Beans):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaid72fqzNE&sns=em

Guuuuurrrlllll.......

tumblr_m8d9ozZxLx1qhqz17o1_250.gif
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    There seems to be an awful lot of flirting going on on MFP!!!
    Yes
    Would anyone like to volunteer a romantic story of someone they met on MFP?
    No
  • It gets annoying quite often. I replied to a couple of posts a while back and received some friend requests, I accepted. Now, every time I post something on my timeline, I get all these crazy messages, 'Wow, im happy for you", and "how have you been", i think its time to hit the BLOCK button.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Hahaha romance? This isn't e-Harmony. It's more like high school with all the cliques, silly flirting, creeper dudes, and the "rate me" threads lol I will admit to crushing on a couple of my friends ....:blushing: but I did that in high school too lol
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Romance? What the heck is that?
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It gets annoying quite often. I replied to a couple of posts a while back and received some friend requests, I accepted. Now, every time I post something on my timeline, I get all these crazy messages, 'Wow, im happy for you", and "how have you been", i think its time to hit the BLOCK button.

Isn't that one of the reasons you joined MFP, to get encouragment from others? I tend to write "WTG" or "Good job" if I see they have logged in for so many days, or if they are keeping up with their healthy eating and fitness routines. Maybe I should stop...?

Edited for spelling*
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It gets annoying quite often. I replied to a couple of posts a while back and received some friend requests, I accepted. Now, every time I post something on my timeline, I get all these crazy messages, 'Wow, im happy for you", and "how have you been", i think its time to hit the BLOCK button.

Isn't that one of the reasons you joined MFP, to get encouragment from others? I tend to write "WTG" or "Good job" if I see they have logged in for so many days, or if they are keeping up with their healthy eating and fitness routines. Maybe I should stop...?

Edited for spelling*

I think he's being sarcastic. At least I hope so. Otherwise.....Weirdo!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Edited for spelling*

I like your encouraging messages!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Romance? What the heck is that?

It's that strange thing that sometimes happens after sex when you want more.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    MFP is a superior dating site compared to E-Harmony and all the other fictitious relationship sites boasting tons of fake profiles. I would find like two fit hotties if I were to go on E-Harmony whereas I have dozens on my friend list here.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    MFP is a superior dating site compared to E-Harmony and all the other fictitious relationship sites boasting tons of fake profiles. I would find like two fit hotties if I were to go on E-Harmony whereas I have dozens on my friend list here.

So you think......:tongue::laugh:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    MFP is great dating site filled with non-creepy people that wont chop you up in their basement.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options

alright. this has gone on long enough.... I am a man. I am a fat, bald, short man. But everything I have said is true!! I meant every word!!!! please don't leave me! :cry:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    MFP is great dating site filled with non-creepy people that wont chop you up in their basement.

So you think...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

alright. this has gone on long enough.... I am a man. I am a fat, bald, short man. But everything I have said is true!! I meant every word!!!! please don't leave me! :cry:
    If you look like and have the personality of Jason Alexander from Seinfeld, that's hot.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options

If you look like and have the personality of Jason Alexander from Seinfeld, that's hot.

Well shoooot... GAME ON!!!! I just KNEW we were meant to be!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I don't flirt on here at all, and my profile page says married, I mention my hubby all the time and I have still had men send me mail asking me to skype, or call, or text or send special pics I have to block them and move on. I do comment on the rate the person above you threads but I rarely rate men, and when I do its never a big deal I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Maybe if you chose a name that didn't have XXX in it, people wouldn't get the wrong idea :P
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    For me, I was a thrown when I responded to the posts, how quickly it could become flirty. A couple of times, I wasn't happy with how I behaved...nothing real bad, but not what I would like my wife to do either, so who am I to have a different standard for my behavior?

Since the initial behavior, I've kept myself in check and for that reason, thankfully, no tales of romance on MFP.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    No, but yeah, sometimes it seems like people use it more for that than actual fitness-type stuff.
    For example, the 50-some odd "rate the person above you" type threads.
    :p

Seems to me most chit-chat posts are for people starving for attention. Rate me, would you date me, am I hot, blah, blah, blah!

Rating: 10, yes I'd date you, yes you're hot. :drinker:
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Damn it i knew i was on the wrong site :/ **deactivates**