A support thread for those in their teen and 20's

Options
Myself and Candyrot89 have taken notice how people who are young and in relatively in good shape can tend to get wrapped up in determining health via body measurements and percentages. I thought this would be a helpful place to get some more pointed attention and support from members who have an older perspective about weight loss and body image.

Replies

• craftyrei2
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    Exactly! It isn't healthy mentally to be wrapped up in percentages. You just want to look and feel great! Obsessing over things like that can definitely be a downer, which is ridiculous because it's really not important. As long as you are healthy and what you see in the mirror makes YOU happy. I mean walking down the street no one is going to guess your bodys fat percentage, so relax and enjoy life!
  • brightlightkatie
    Options
    I agree with this. I also feel like sometimes I don't get taken seriously enough when people around me find out I am trying to change my lifestyle to a healthier one, the attitude is sometimes "well uve got plenty of time to change " or "wait until you get to my age, then you'll panic ". Its good to have that support.