I need to do it all again.

Options
In April of 2011 I resolved to lose my body fat. I logged on to this site daily and I watch what I was eating I was running 3-5 times a week and I was reading about the other people on this site to help me stay motivated. I started at 250 pounds and I got down to 215 pounds and let me tell you it felt great. Pretty much every aspect of my life got better. I wasn't back to my boxing weight but for some reason I had felt like I was done and like a chronic Alzheimer's patient I went right back to the same old habits that got me fat in the first place.

Then one day I took my daughter to the Colorado Ren fest and there were these trampolines with bungee cords on them. She wanted to do that so I got her all set up and then she asked if I would do it with her. I saw a sign that said I had to be at most 200 pounds and I had only ever gotten below 215 so I told her I was too heavy and she went up and did it but I had not stood on a scale in so long I weighed myself real fast while she was bouncing and I could not believe how far back I had fallen. It said 250 pounds. I was devastated. I had grown so complacent that I had lost all of the progress I had made and I was right back where I had started. Furthermore if I had stuck with my weight I would have been below 200 easily and I could have shared that time with my daughter. Well starting last week I did the math and it is theoretically possible for me to below 200 pounds without ever having to lose more than 2 pounds in one week. So I now have an extra side mission.

Last time I lost all that weight I had never done it before. This time I am trying to redo what I have already done so I know it is possible. I have seen people on this very site accomplish far loftier goals. I am posting this as both encouragement and warning. If you have gone back up a couple pounds or you have hit a plateau stick with it anyways. It is better to figure out how to break a plateau than it is to gain back 35 pounds and have to start all over. If you have lost your weight or are still on a good roll don't let yourself think its already over. The price of health and fitness is constant vigilance.

Replies

• XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You did it once you can do it again! Get on it and kick some butt!
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I too have lost 20 pounds then gained 17 back. Starting over too. It's a road we both have travelled so should be fast. :smile:
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    I started out this journey at 236 pounds, and that was after a pretty massive regain! In 2006 I went from 193 to 142. Then I gained it ALL back and then had my 2 kids. Needless to say that packed on even more.

My son's 1st birthday is the 20th of this month, which will be the anniversary of my highest weight of 236 pounds. Today I weigh 141 pounds! It is POSSIBLE! I was so depressed about having SOOOOOOO much weight to lose, and just feeling so terrible about having gained so much weight back. The past doesn't matter a bit, except for what you learn from it!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to!