• ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Take any size/amount of salmon.
    Drizzle a little EVOO
    Rub it with minced garlic that is mixed with italian seasoning (to taste, how much or little you prefer)
    Thinly slice tomatoes and onions into rings, and lay tomatoes on salmon with onions on top.
    put some seasoned panko crumbs on top and bake at 400 until done through. (should only be 6-12 min. depending on thinckness)
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Take fresh slices of lemons and place a layer on some aluminum foil. Place the salmon on top seasoned with salt, pepper and dill. Cover salmon with another layer of lemon slices. Wrap it up in the foil and bake at 350.

The only way I had tasted salmon up to this point was smoked and I hated it. After having fresh salmon made like this I loved it. Now I don't even need to make it like this to enjoy it.
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This one is FANTASTIC - Salmon w/ Lentils. You could cut down on the EVOO if you're watching calories even further. Very healthy/balanced meal.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/salmon-with-lentils-recipe/index.html
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I rub that deliciousness with lemon and pepper and throw it in a broil for 5 minutes.

Ta-da.
  • tmstebb
    Options
    Spray skillet w/-nonfat cooking spray
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder & a pinch or two of sugar(it weakens the fishy taste) on the salmon.
    cook a couple minutes on each side depending on how done you like it.
    Simple.....
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I normally just cook a Salmon Fillet in the oven with sliced onions all on top of it and fresh garlic cloves (chopped). I also top it with pepper, garlic powder (I really like garlic), basil, and whatever other spices I feel like at the time.

When It's finished cooking, I pour a little lemon juice on top.
  • Jesehu
    Options
    This is my absolute favourite salmon recipe:

Sautee broccoli, red or green pepper, carrots, onions in skillet
    When veggies are partially cooked add non-fat greek yogurt, dijon mustard, tarragon or dill, stir to combine
    Lay salmon on top of veggies, cover, simmer on low heat until salmon cooked through.
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    BUMP I love salmon !
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love fish, but I know for some people it can be too 'fishy". My boyfriend introduced me to red snapper. It's delicious. Just some salt, pepper and lemon juice. Bake for a few minutes and done. Love it.

23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to try the new highliners Flame Svours smokey applewood ! It is devine!! I dont know salmon recipes so thats why I decided to buy this and try it ! Highly recommended !
  • CochyChoco
    Options
    I just season with ms dash and adobo. I wrap it in aluminum foil then throw it in the oven for 35 minutes. Simple and yummy : )
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love fish, but I know for some people it can be too 'fishy". My boyfriend introduced me to red snapper. It's delicious. Just some salt, pepper and lemon juice. Bake for a few minutes and done. Love it.

23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

If it is too fishy tasting, trying soaking the salmon in buttermilk for a few hours prior to cooking. I tried this the other night, it worked.
  • pamolberding
    Options
    Salmon is my favorite fish, sometimes I grill it on the barb e que with a little Mrs. Dash (Garlic and herbs) or bake in the oven with some lemon slices on top and some pepper ( not a big pepper fan but my husband is) and then I put asparagus stalks in with it :)
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like to pan fry in olive oil with sliced mango, pineapple, and just a little bit of BBQ sauce.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! Yummy ideas, everyone. Thanks!
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for sharing
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe - makes 2 servings

2 cloves garlic, minced
    6 tablespoons light olive oil
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
    2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon

Directions

In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    thank youuuuu :flowerforyou:
  • OliveCarsey
    Options
    For a single 4oz serving I mix 2 ts butter, 1/2 ts dill weed, dash of lemon pepper, and 1-2 ts lemon juice, spread on salmon and bake. Even my very picky 14 yr old loves this. this adds about 35-40 cals depending on the type of butter you use.