No change in weight...

Options
tirola
tirola Posts: 74 Member
I've been trying not to get frustrated since my weight has been pretty much the same over the course of the last month (fluctuating a pound or two either way) but it hasn't been easy to stay positive. This morning I decided to take my measurements, just to see. Even though the scale isn't moving, I'm down 10 inches since Nov. 11. That was just the kick I needed to stop focusing on the scale and just keep doing what I'm doing!

Replies

• mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've been trying not to get frustrated since my weight has been pretty much the same over the course of the last month (fluctuating a pound or two either way) but it hasn't been easy to stay positive. This morning I decided to take my measurements, just to see. Even though the scale isn't moving, I'm down 10 inches since Nov. 11. That was just the kick I needed to stop focusing on the scale and just keep doing what I'm doing!

This is great! I know its hard when you don't see a change on the scale, however a lot of us really should just look at the inches and how we look and feel! It's not all about the number!
  • ccorrales63
    Options
    Inches are always better than weight lost! :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

10 inches is great!!! The scale tends to tell lies, but thats okay when measurements tell the truth :happy: . Keep doing what you're doing :wink:
  • MrsRebekah
    Options
    Hi, I'm new member and hope that this helps me lose some weight, I've always been told that you don't always look at the scale, Take measurements as well as look at scale (:
  • katienichols11
    Options
    just stay positive! 10 inches is amazing :)
  • no1belongs
    Options

This is great im glad that you found a great way to get back motivated and to stay positive. i think this is my problem i am stuck the last 3 weeks at the same weight and i know im not 100% on my calories but i know i am a big negative to what i used to eat just frustrated. my room mate says they can see me getting smaller but i really just dont see it. i just keep thinking it took me a while to get where i am it will take me a while to get back... i hope that will help. feel free to add me
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That is why I decided to stay off the scale till the end of this month. I want to base my success off of how I look and feel rather than by a random number on the scale.
  • coach_alesha
    Options
    10 inches is amazing!! You are losing weight but are replacing the fat with muscle. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will move!! great job girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!