The question: Is P90X worth the money???

Options
I have seen the commercial and unlike most infomercials i was hooked and kept staring. But it seems like a LOT of money and also VERY intensive...

I already have a gym membership and try to go 6 out of 7 days a week. Does anyone have stories or advice???

Is P90X worth it?

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Today is W1D7 for me and I can tell you, its worth the money! I got mine off some dude on FaceBook but I'm glad I bought it. For me, I always go to the gym and never know what to do so this was a good solution for me. In your case, maybe you don't really need it since you go to the gym so often and *probably* know what you are doing.
  • alyssa12345
    Options
    Although I have never done the program, I have a friend that did it and most definitely got results. He followed it religiously for all 90 days, maybe missing two or three, but after the 90 day process, he lost his gut and definitely built muscle. He says he would have gotten even more results if he followed the recommended diet given. But just from seeing his results I would say its definitely worth the money. I am even considering getting it and doing it myself this summer. Best of luck!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have seen the commercial and unlike most infomercials i was hooked and kept staring. But it seems like a LOT of money and also VERY intensive...

I already have a gym membership and try to go 6 out of 7 days a week. Does anyone have stories or advice???

Is P90X worth it?

Too me its way too expensive. You have to be in pretty good shape already to begin with. Its very intense and the diet is very strict. You have to commit 6 days a week for an hour a day, to me if you did any work out everyday for an hour you will see great results. Save your money.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My own personal opinion is that every Beachbody program I have ever purchased has definitely been worth the money spent. I didn't order P90X though because that plyometrics workout scares me (bad knees) :noway: lol. But if you're already enjoying the gym and are confident in your own routine and your results, maybe you don't need it? Or would a change be just what's needed?
  • RIG30
    RIG30 Posts: 6
    Options
    P90X is definately worth the money...but remember it all comes back to diet. P90X works extremely well if your willing to follow the diet plan. My bet is you'd get similar results with what your already doing if you clean up your diet a bit. Aslo, I picked up my P90x from KSL.com brand new for $50.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    totally worth it - i don't miss the gym.
  • Daali
    Daali Posts: 4
    Options
    Totally worth it. It got me off my butt and doing something everyday. Just for that it was worth it.
  • Chavtastic
    Chavtastic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 and I'm sore. I can feel it working though. In just one week my tummy which was hanging over my pant top (ick) is still hanging but less. I have my first weigh in on Wednesday so I'll see weight wise, but I feel so much better in just a week though I can barely walk until my muscles have warmed up. Be prepared to do a lot of stretching and have an hour to hour and half (yoga is the longest and the worst for me) to spare for workouts.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth it. It's a complete program and there have been many people with successes. I'm starting it on april 12th.
  • yielding
    yielding Posts: 1
    Options
    Used it about 4 months last year and great program if you challenge yourself with heavy weights. Don't just use weights that are comfortable for you. Grab a heavier weight and you will see results. I love FitTV right now. Great programs and a variety so I don't get bored.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Hubby and I just ordered it, and will hopefully begin next week!
  • Tanya74
    Tanya74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Definately worth it! I use to manage a gym and have never had a home program make me as sore as working out in the gym. It is very intense and you should be in somewhat good health before you start or at least do some modified versions of some of the exercises until you feel stronger. Tony Horton is also great to workout with, he is super motivating, energetic and pushes you to keep going! Good luck and enjoy!

PS I also got a burned copy of the internet for $49.
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Another vote of yes. Made it thru 2 rounds last yr and started again this yr. Great program even if you are not in too of shape (just need to modify all the movements until you get stronger). Lost 35 lbs 190 to 155. A few people did not even recognize me anymore. I would try and find a used set on craigslist. Then look for some good resistance bands, a yoga mat, and maybe a pull up bar. When you get in better shape, dumbbells work the best, but are costly. Make sure to follow the diet. That is extremely important if you want results. Again, can't say enough good things about the program!
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Look on Craigslist. My boyfriends dad bought it from a Body Builder Rep that is allowed to sell the DVD's for $60. Or try ebay maybe. I think you can find them way cheaper than what the infomercial advertise. I'm on day 38 and it's still kicking my butt! :) In a good way though...
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I got my copy off ebay. Haven't started it yet though since an evil cold has been circulating around our house and refuses to leave. I'm just now starting to feel a little better and up to working out again.

We had insanity and that was a great workout too but I prefer weightlifting as opposed to cardio. It was too much jumping so it irritated my ankle and my BF's knee.