Need Motivation

michelleamh
michelleamh Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Success Stories
I would leave to hear your success story and how long it roughly took you to lose those last 20lbs. I have about that to lose and for the past 4 weeks I have lost like 2 lbs. I am wondering if this is totally normal. Hearing your guys success stories will help me perservere and not care so much about the scale instead shift my focus on what I am doing to keep myself healthy:smile:

Thank you for helping and for sharing!

Sincerely,
Michelle

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Never be discouraged by the number be encouraged for the progress. It's a slow steady process no matter what the number. I'm 30+ pounds down since starting last year.

Stay dedicated to your routine and understand what it means to cut out this or have less of that. Eventually your body returns the favor with how you feel..

Good luck and take care,

Dustin
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I've lost 16 pounds since January 1st. Since I started on MFP, I have lost 1 pound per week, save for one week that I was realllly bad. Before that, it came off in about 2 weeks (12 lbs) when I first started.

I have had to work my *kitten* off to get to this point. I work out 6x/week and try to eat as healthy as I can but I do eat a little of what I crave just so I don't overindulge or overeat when mealtimes come.

Half a pound per week is definitely normal! Maybe if you want to lose more, you could change your goals. Do: "Home" / Goals / Change Goals / Custom / and then say you want to lose 2 lbs. and it'll change how many calories you need to eat or burn.

I'm set at eating 1,200 calories per day and burning 1,640 per week but I burn a lot more than that and am still only losing about a pound per week - which I think is perfectly healthy.

Sometimes our bodies just need time to readjust to the lifestyle change. Keep up the good work & you'll see results soon enough!

Also, just some tips:

- Make sure you drink a LOT of water (half your weight in ounces, i.e.: I weigh 164, so I'm supposed to drink 82 oz. per day)
    - Watch your sodium because you can retain water and be bloated, therefore, "gaining" or holding onto weight
    - MEASURE...don't worry about the scale. As long as you're getting smaller, losing fat, etc. you are being successful - also, you're getting healthier so it doesn't matter!!
    - Add strength training to your workout routine if you don't have one, already. Muscle burns more fat, so as you build muscle, you'll burn more fat and lose weight easier. :happy:
  • Hi Arielle:)

Thank you so much for your honesty and for your help. I have not been drinking alot of water about 4 glasses a day if that and I have only been briskly walking about 5 times a week an hour at a time. I am thinking I need to step up the exercise after reading your post. I eat 1,250 calories a day but I drink alot of diet dr. peppers! I love diet soda which I am sure helps in retaining water:)

I have been trying to lose the last 20lbs after giving birth to my daughter who just turned 3 yrs old. But I get frustrated because it is not alot of weight I need to lose so it should come off pretty quickly, right?! I think I will try smaller goals like you suggested. I noticed my jeans are bigger and my stomach is not as big but listening to you say, "I've been working my a#$ off" sheds alot of light on the weight loss situation.

I am 5'2" and my starting weight was 145 and now I am currently 143lbs. Thank you so much for your help and your weight loss tips......I really appreciate it:) I wish you great success in your weight loss!

Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!