Best tasting high protein low carb protein drink

Options

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Nature's Best Isopure in dutch chocolate. I also have an unflavored one and a strawberries and cream. I don't totally love the strawberries and cream one though.

I love,love, love Nature's bEst Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I use the EAS chocolate pre-made shake for immediately post-lifting. It's so convenient and it tastes good to me.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition pro complex. taste great and is epic!! you're welcome

Pro complex + Gold standard casein is even better.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    i love bsn syntha-6... either the chocolate milkshake version or vanilla ice cream. i mix em with skim milk but people say that you can drink it with water too!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    effective? all are equal if they have equal numbers of protein. taste wise..I like vanilla flavored powders and EAS makes a good one.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Whey protein shakes are by far the best I have ever had. I don't have to "make myself" drink them. I honestly love them! :D
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion (milk chocolate flavor) is the best tasting one I've tried lately. It's also nice and thick so it can stand on its own just mixed with water. I've heard good things about Trutein, so I may be trying that one next.

My old standby is ON Gold Standard Natural Whey. It tastes great, and has no artificial sweeteners. But doesn't mix up as thick. I usually prefer to mix it with something besides water; or if just water, I do a 4 oz "shot".
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nature's Best Isopure in dutch chocolate. I also have an unflavored one and a strawberries and cream. I don't totally love the strawberries and cream one though.

I love,love, love Nature's bEst Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla.

Love the chocolate and vanilla! I also have the unflavored that I use in baking and stuff like pancakes
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    effective? all are equal if they have equal numbers of protein. taste wise..I like vanilla flavored powders and EAS makes a good one.

Sorry love but you are dead wrong!!! All protein is NOT created equal. For example, your EAS protein is concentrate based. Whey concentrate is 80-90% protein per gram whereas whey Isolate is 90-100% protein per gram. If you had an isolate like Lean Whey Revolution or Isolate evolution you would be getting more protein per scoop than EAS (if the scoops were all the same size).

There's also brands like Muscle Milk that is a caseinate based protein. Casein proteins are very slow digesting and are not optimal for post workout because ideally your body needs a fast digesting protein after workouts to help quickly replenish your muscles.

Also any protein that is mixed in a ready to drink container like EAS or Muscle Milk RTD have been baked to keep the consistency the same throughout the shelf life of the container. That's why you have to shake them a couple times and they're good to go. When you bake a protein (or multivitamin for that matter) you end up denaturing the proteins in there and it makes it hard on the body to absorb.
    Some proteins are better off being heated as they it makes them more bioavailable, like Eggs for example. But whey proteins should be cold filtered and cold processed. Unless the manufacturer actually lists the filtering process (cross filtered, cold filtered, undenatured, hydrolyzed, etc.) then it is a baked protein. Also if it has a high cholesterol level then it is most likely baked as well. (15+%)

So common proteins that are thought to be good but are actually not:
    Muscle Milk, Monster Milk, Syntha 6, Gold Standard
  • JSheehy1965
    Options

^^^^This. I love to drink the chocolate. The strawberry one I use to make my protein puffycakes of joy I found on here.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i love the GNC generic ones. and they are usually on sale. strawberry is awesome, but i enjoy the taste of whey.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Trutein, Protizyme, VPX SRO, XF UP 2.0
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Sorry love but you are dead wrong!!! All protein is NOT created equal. For example, your EAS protein is concentrate based. Whey concentrate is 80-90% protein per gram whereas whey Isolate is 90-100% protein per gram. If you had an isolate like Lean Whey Revolution or Isolate evolution you would be getting more protein per scoop than EAS (if the scoops were all the same size).

There's also brands like Muscle Milk that is a caseinate based protein. Casein proteins are very slow digesting and are not optimal for post workout because ideally your body needs a fast digesting protein after workouts to help quickly replenish your muscles.

Also any protein that is mixed in a ready to drink container like EAS or Muscle Milk RTD have been baked to keep the consistency the same throughout the shelf life of the container. That's why you have to shake them a couple times and they're good to go. When you bake a protein (or multivitamin for that matter) you end up denaturing the proteins in there and it makes it hard on the body to absorb.
    Some proteins are better off being heated as they it makes them more bioavailable, like Eggs for example. But whey proteins should be cold filtered and cold processed. Unless the manufacturer actually lists the filtering process (cross filtered, cold filtered, undenatured, hydrolyzed, etc.) then it is a baked protein. Also if it has a high cholesterol level then it is most likely baked as well. (15+%)

So common proteins that are thought to be good but are actually not:
    Muscle Milk, Monster Milk, Syntha 6, Gold Standard

Just to be clear... when you say not good, what do you mean? As post workout shakes? As protein "supplements"? In general?
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey.

Agree. But don't get vanilla ice cream. Barf. Favs are double rich chocolate and mocha cappuccino.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    EAS carb control is good
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Syntrax Matrix – Sustained–Release Protein Blend. It contains both whey and casein. I am interested in trying it but would like to hear a review first!
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lean Active 7 by Nutracore Nutrition. Tastes great, only has 1g fat, 1g sugar, and gives you 30g protein per scoop and 4 g fiber. Has added probiotics to it, CLA, and a really good amount of anti-oxidants. It is my protein I use before bed and is the protein I will use once I start cutting (I use a mass gainer after workouts right now). It is good for after workouts as well as before bed/ anytime throughout the day because it is a blend consisting of: whey isolate, whey concentrate, egg, 2 different casein proteins, and a milk protein.

Needless to say I am a huge fan!!!

Where is this sold? I've tried looking around so I could maybe see the prices and nutrition label but I can't seem to find it on a legit website.
  • dramir47
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 from what I heard tastes awesome. Currently I'm taking the strawberry flavored Optimum nutrition whey protein. It's pretty good
  • cbsavga
    cbsavga Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Use Whey Protein for quick absorption:
    Natures Pantry: I buy Chocolate - per serving: Calories 110 Total Carbs 1 g Protein 26 g Sugars 0 g Sodium 150 mg Potassium 380 mg
    OR
    (this was cheaper as well as gaving decent amount of protein in one serving with only 85 cal.
    MRM Vanilla per serving: Calories 85 Protein 18 g Total Carbs 2 g Sugars 1 g Sodium 40 mg Potassium 110 mg

I love to mix the vanilla with a 8 oz of milk, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1/4 vanilla low fat yougurt. It's a very good drink. Add 1/2 banana if you like it more frothy.
  • DanielleMN
    DanielleMN Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Could anyone please suggest what are the best tasting pre-made protein/nutrition shakes? I can't deal with using powder.