Heavy lifting...when do I start?

Options
I know I definitely want to get into lifting heavy, and I am looking into NROL4W. I have only really been doing cardio for the past two weeks 4-5 times a week for 30 min. I'm walking and sort of jog/walking in intervals at this point, as I'm simply too out of shape for much more than this. I also don't have a ton of free time between work and caring for an infant, BUT I know I want to get into lifting and not just stick with only cardio. My question is do I wait until I've lost some more weight and get better at endurance / cardio, or do I just go for it and begin lifting even though I'm still a beginner? I have a lot to lose, and I'm hoping to see steady results eating above BMR and working out 4-5 times per week. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated!

ETA: I can't really afford a full gym membership at the moment, but I already have a nice running treadmill, and I'm thinking of asking Santa for a nice weight set. What would you recommend as a good starting set?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Start today.
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Start yesterday ... I wish I had, now Im what they call skinny fat. Im sure I've lost lean muscle mass in the process and will be even harder to build back up. So dont wait!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    do you has time macheen?

I read more of the OP.

I would recommend a power rack, adjustable bench, olympic bar with weight plates, a plate tree, and some floor padding.
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! Looks like I'll be getting free weights for x-mas lol