moms and work ?

Options
I feel overwhelmed with working and juggling being a mom ... I get off late and from working all day and taking Carr of kids before work all I wanna do is drink when I get off ... I use to be so good about not drinking ever and now all I wanna do is drink and when I drink I eat ... Idk how to change this any suggestions ?

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Maybe attend some AA meetings? Good Luck <3
  • BreannaJohnson1030
    Options
    you could start a excerise regament every night when you get off even if it is like the 30 day shred that is only a half hour long somthing to keep your mind pre occupied and get you healthier at the same time! i hope this helps and it also gives you some you time take it from another mom some me time is always nice!!
  • jessgarr27
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I don't need aa meetings ... Yet lol but thanks for the advice ...
    And ya me time would be amazing ... I think I will try to work out when I get off ... That's a great idea actually ... Thanks
  • aclark316
    Options
    hey you, i totally know how you feel. i try to wait until the weekends to drink. (usually ;) ) i generally don't get to work out until the kids are in bed. (8ish) and find that if i can hold out and get the workout in it makes me less likely to have drink. it's like subconciously my mind is saying "hey, you just did something good to your bod. don't counteract it by indulging". that's just me though.
  • rodeogal1985
    Options
    I am a drinker myself. Work out on your lunch, when you have "me time." Switch to vodka and crystal light :)
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I have a 7 week old and a 2 1/2 year old. TELL ME ABOUT wanting to drink! yeeshe. I don't because I'm afraid I'd pass out after only one (because I'm so darn tired) and then everything would descend into chaos. ok, more chaos then we already have.

It's funny, once I had a child I thought, now what was my excuse for never working out before?! Now that I have 2 little ones I didn't realize how easy I had it.

My saving grace is burning calories walking & bouncing a baby!!
  • jessgarr27
    Options
    Lol ya it takes me a week to recover off vodka ahah ... And yes working out everyday keeps me away from the alcohol I def need to be more strict with it honestly ... Having two little ones is tough I have twin boys who are almost four and I have a almost nine year old boy ... So I understand ... I think I'm just using alcohol as an excuse to not face reality ... Thanks for the advice ;)
  • BreannaJohnson1030
    Options
    you could start a excerise regament every night when you get off even if it is like the 30 day shred that is only a half hour long somthing to keep your mind pre occupied and get you healthier at the same time! i hope this helps and it also gives you some you time take it from another mom some me time is always nice!!

Your welcome it just really helped me being a new mom havingand being stressed out hope it helps!!