Let's Share

Options
Let’s all share something that we have learned from being a MFP member.

What I learned:
I eat most of my calories during lunch.
Veggies/ Fruit fills me up and doesn’t go over my calorie goal like a slice of pizza does.

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've learned that being accountable for my choices keeps me honest and on track. Not to mention the unyielding support you will find here. Thanks.
  • saz7
    saz7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've learned I gain weight when I ignore MFP. When I'm in the mode of logging I feel much better about myself inside and out.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I was starving myself and by eating more I actually lose and weigh less.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i've learned that certain foods (that i love) are just not "worth it"
    ie;
    :tongue: wine
    :tongue: sunflower seeds (in my salad)
    :tongue: crutons (in salad)
    :tongue: pasta dishes (w/ my dinner)
    and much more!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I have learned that I do better eating veggies and fruits everyday! Fiber helps me maintain my hunger as well. Logging my meals everyday helps me realize what my body operates better on. also being aware of the nutrient labels helps me make better choices
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I learned that I 'LOVE' lentils & that they rock as a better carb filler! :noway:
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've learnt that I wasn't eating enough calories. Hence I was storing fat and living on muscle
  • jdramage
    jdramage Posts: 37
    Options
    I've learned that temptation is EVERYWHERE! No wonder so many people struggle with their weight... It's almost like society sets us up to fail. Sedentary lifestyles, eating with every social occasion, extra large portion sizes, etc.

It can be really disheartening... but... it is possible! And man do you feel good about yourself when you make better choices for the good of your health and your happiness :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I have more willpower than I thought!!
    I've learned how much I really need to exercise without overdoing it (I went overboard over the summer and didn't lose fat).
    I've learned how quickly my body adjusts to the changes I throw at it.
    I've learned that my body is extraordinary when I treat it well.
    I've learned that it really isn't about the number but how I look & feel. :heart:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I am suppose to eat my exercise calories.

I have learned that I am not suppose to eat my exercise calories.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I eat too much protein and not enough carbs and that 1 pound is 4 sticks of butter.
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    I've learnt that I can lose weight and that I love having this much control over it!
    I've learnt that I love working out and how good it makes me feel.
    I've learnt that if I have a bad day, it doesn't matter, just get back on track the next day.
    I've learnt that I CAN have a desert but that it needs to be within my daily limit!
    I've learnt that I love myself enough to do this. :-)
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I do MUCH better when I plan ahead. PLUS I'm a lot less stressed out when I don't have to figure out what to make for dinner at 6:30 PM. LOL
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've learned that there are a lot of nice people out there....
    I've learned that I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I was
    I've learned that I wasn't eating enough and that I never have to be hungry to lose weight.
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I've learned that when I exercise, I can eat more, which is good b/c it makes me hungry! :wink:
    I've learned that when I have to log those reeses cups on my food diary, I might choose not to eat them!
    I've learned that having others to bounce ideas off of is very encouraging and helpful.
    I've learned that if I do what MFP tells me, it just might work! :wink:
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've learned
    I REALLY CAN DO IT!

I've learned apples and micro-waved peanut butter is delicious.
  • katiebug513
    katiebug513 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've learned
    -I CAN do what I'm supposed too and lose weight.
    - that I want to exercise more and more and more just so I can log it in and see what I burned...
    --I've learned that it makes me happy to log in lots of food -and still end up under my calorie goal.
  • saz7
    saz7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've also learned the value of a Heart Rate Monitor!