How to lose belly fat

Options
If anyone know how to lose belly fat by exercise or eating ? Or how you lost your belly fat please let me know :(

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Same way you lose any other fat - with a calorie deficit. Unfortunately you can't spot-reduce fat, meaning you can't choose where it comes from. You just have to keep losing fat overall and hope that it comes off where you want it to. There are no specific exercises that will target fat loss in that area. You can target muscles with exercises, and if you work your core muscles, it won't necessarily make the fat go away (apart from the slight calorie burn) but it will make those muscles stronger and may help with your posture.

A lot of people have good success with strength training for losing fat - training your whole body though, not just the core, and again, just waiting for the fat to come off from that particular place.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Same way you lose any other fat - with a calorie deficit. Unfortunately you can't spot-reduce fat, meaning you can't choose where it comes from. You just have to keep losing fat overall and hope that it comes off where you want it to. There are no specific exercises that will target fat loss in that area. You can target muscles with exercises, and if you work your core muscles, it won't necessarily make the fat go away (apart from the slight calorie burn) but it will make those muscles stronger and may help with your posture.

A lot of people have good success with strength training for losing fat - training your whole body though, not just the core, and again, just waiting for the fat to come off from that particular place.

/thread
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Same way you lose any other fat - with a calorie deficit.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I was so sad when my friend who is a trainer told me this. She said that where we store and burn fat is genetic, and unfortunately for me, I store a lot on my belly and burn it off my legs...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Exactly what is posted above. There is no magic exercise to remove fat from a particular area.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    liposuction
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    honestly the low carb thing has helped me not be so bloated so it feels like a loss of belly fat.

doing anywhere between 50-60 grams of carbs
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    liposuction

Winner!
  • iyanap
    Options
    Only 16 don't think that's good for me lol
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Its a felony to be on this site when you are under 18

Didn't you read the agreement you are now legally bound to?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Its a felony to be on this site when you are under 18

Didn't you read the agreement you are now legally bound to?

QFT
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If anyone know how to lose belly fat by exercise or eating ? Or how you lost your belly fat please let me know :(

By eating at a calorie deficit
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I was so sad when my friend who is a trainer told me this. She said that where we store and burn fat is genetic, and unfortunately for me, I store a lot on my belly and burn it off my legs...
    Yeah, I store it on my belly and lose it off my chest. :sad:
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    My friend Rachael tried to tell me that eating full fat dairy products is shown to reduce belly fat. I almost fell off my barstool laughing.

Sadly calorie deficit is the only thing that works and I still have a lot of belly fat to burn.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i happen to be a huge fan of abs by ben&jerry thankyouverymuch!
    My friend Rachael tried to tell me that eating full fat dairy products is shown to reduce belly fat. I almost fell off my barstool laughing.

Sadly calorie deficit is the only thing that works and I still have a lot of belly fat to burn.