Zumba - as exercise

Options
I just started Zumba classes at the gym. I can't find Zumba in the database and I have no idea how to judge the calories.

Any ideas?

Replies

• nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor is your absolute best bet.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just use the dance thing on here. But google it cuz there are sites that say how much you burn. The dance thing here is not as high as zumba, but I am not moving as fast as the dvd, so probably true for my output. Someone on a recent forum posted a good site saying how many calories zumba burns.
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree with the heart rate monitor! I wear mine all the time (to classes lol) and it is a little different each class.
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can go to zumbacalories.com to calculate, then create a new exercise that will then show up in your list of cardio exercises. Happy Zumba-ing!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can try this

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

But the only way you're going to know the real number is a HRM.
  • mygirlparadise
    mygirlparadise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree, HRM is the best way to go. I burn anywhere from 800 to 1000 each class of Zumba.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor is your absolute best bet.

Then we've already lost
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

you can find heart rate monitors for like 10 bucks these days...try amazon.

zumba is the BEST. so much fun and a MONSTER workout. ill give u a little piece of advice my zumba teacher gave me at first cuz it takes FOREVER to learn the routine and keep up with the class...whenever youre confused just start doing jumping jacks cuz its all about keeping your heart rate up! (i still do this)
  • einapets3
    einapets3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! You guys are awesome!