How and when does FAT leave the body??

Options
Anyone know exactly HOW fat leaves the body??

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I always think of it kind of like my body eats it? Lol, that is no way near technical. But my body uses it up to fuel things, instead of using the tons of extra calories that I was eating before, with enough left to store for later.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I'm sure somebody can give a more scientific answer, but the bottom line is that your body uses it for fuel and then the waste is eliminated through the digestive system. Drinking lots of water helps with this process.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think it becomes liquidfied and evaporates in sweat or you pee it out, like the whooish effect before a scale loss.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

If fat dissolves into the blood stream how does it get out of there?
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It isn't fat at that point - it is converted to FFA , then leaves the fat cell & goes into the blood, and then it is sent to and absorbed into muscle cells and burned there in the mitochondria. it's all in the article.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I always wonder about this too, and no explanation has ever really cleared it up completely. There is 112 pounds of me GONE, and it seems like I should have seen it leaving!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I like the Dr. Who explanation.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Think of it as wood - you burn the huge lump of wood (fat) for energy (heat) and all that is left is a small amount of ash (which we pee out basically).
  • Shanthornton
    Options
    LOL Deb3129.. I googled it and most of you would be correct! Thanx guys
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's transporter beam. I go to bed at one weight and wake up another. Without peeing in the interrum. :)

Actually, it gets metabolized, the waste eliminated in the toilet and breathed out as vapor and exhalation. The rest broken down chemically by the body and built into other body parts.

You might as well ask how your body built it or how wounds heal.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I always wonder about this too, and no explanation has ever really cleared it up completely. There is 112 pounds of me GONE, and it seems like I should have seen it leaving!!

Aah but it snuck out whilst you were sleeping! Fat is sneaky like that. :wink:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's transporter beam. I go to bed at one weight and wake up another. Without peeing in the interrum. :)

Actually, it gets metabolized, the waste eliminated in the toilet and breathed out as vapor and exhalation.

You might as well ask how your body built it or how wounds heal.

This gets me too, I go to bed one weight and wake up three pounds lighter. It's like the fat fairy came and took it. Which is okay with me, just puzzling!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

If fat dissolves into the blood stream how does it get out of there?

it is used by your body for energy
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    When you go potty.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    well you can stay at maintainance at burn 500 cals a day n you will lose a pound every week. 2nd ques when you are burning fat look for when thing when you go to toilet to pee you will notice something white in your pee is like chicken fat thats how some of your fat comes out n some as a sweat. because when i did a diet few years back when the white thing came in pee i got scared that its something serious but found out its nothing just fat so a doctor knows best.
  • dtennisman2006
    dtennisman2006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fat is a glyceride chain that stems from the fat cells. When you lose weight, your body is eating away at the ends of this chain to provide energy for your body. Think of fat cells like balloons, when you gain weight you are blowing up the balloon but its still only the one fat cell it is just growing. Fat never truly leaves us, it only grows and shrinks with your eating habits.
    Interestingly enough, when people have liposuction, some fat cells are pulled out permanently. which if you are not careful, if you gain weight its just going to look odd as to where your body stores fat.
    Interesting article!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Anyone know exactly HOW fat leaves the body??

As heat, literally.

Fat is being burned all the time as an energy source, majority of the time actually, along with carbs.

Its all a matter of are you eating more than required and replenishing it, or even adding to fat stores?

Or hopefully, it's not.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    When you go potty.

Yeah, you pee it out.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I like the Dr. Who explanation.

This was my first thought!!! "The fat just walks away" … and 3 am, right?