hungry

Options
Need help. I want to lose 15lb. Today I ate 1325 cal and burned 325 in exercising. I already had dinner but i'm still hungry. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Bajandoll
    Bajandoll Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a suggestion for you. I am new to the counting calories and I need to learn how to pace myself. haha. I ate almost all of my calories in one sitting. Go figure that. lol.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Eat...at that point your NET Calories are around 1000 calories...so don't be afraid to eat back some of your workout calories....

Your base line calories should be right around your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR, there are calculators online to help) and try to keep total calories below your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE).

Your BMR may be 1400ish, in a day with average activity you may have a TDEE of 2100 calories.

2100 - 1400 = 700 cal deficit....which is about right (relative to how much weight you have to loose).

Try to get more protein 80-100g minimum (preferably 1g per lb of lean muscle mass). That will keep you feeling full longer.
  • sharonpaiva
    Options
    I will try and increase my protein tomorrow...
  • dnscal123
    dnscal123 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    After a few days of reducing your calories your body should adjust and the hunger will be less.

Drink more water, find a low cal. snack, some times i'll eat some nuts just watch the portions.

I find on the days I use the juicer I am far less hungry.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    if your hungry then eat ... simple
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Snacking is fine just got to watch what you snack on! GREEN IS YOUR FRIEND! Lots of vegetables are good for you and you can eat as much as you want. Portion your fruits, carrots, tomatoes, grapes etc have a lot of sugar. It's okay to have some but not a lot

Hope that helped!
    Good luck!
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    raw almonds.. the fat will help curb appetite.. and adds some cals.. 1,000 net is still too little..
  • debz1471
    Options
    Have a small salad, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion 50 calories no carbs, no protein . i make up a bowl of salad in the morning and when i'm feeling like i may cheat i have a bowl..... i think a lot of it is in the mind , because i'm on a diet ... i crave foooood lol have some low cal snacks on hand for when your feeling weak. i won't lie you still need to be motivated but if your low call snacks are already prepared its easier not to cheat to badly when you enter the kitchen in the dark .... good luck !
  • badmoon81
    Options
    I get night time munchies BAD; the only thing that works for me is frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries). I know they have a lot of natural sugars, but with them being frozen your body has work to thaw them and you're going to eat them slower. Give it a shot!! If it doesn't work, try something else. Good luck!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    EAT. And make sure you are eating enough healthy fat too. See my ticker? I've lost every single pound of that without severely restricting calories, without ever struggling with hunger, without chronic cardio and by eating healthy, mostly natural foods with lots of healthy FAT (yes, natural saturated fat is healthy!).
  • etta0607
    etta0607 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is low in calories and you can eat alot of it. Also, an apple is roughly 90 calories and can be somewhat filling.
  • CherelleFergie
    Options
    a handful of nuts....that's your friend right now.
  • debz1471
    Options
    You know what that is a good tip, frozen berries1.... , I too get the night time munchies... i am off to the super market tomorrow. x
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Water with some lemon in it.
    Low cal snack...veggies work well for me.

Don't cut back too far on calories. When I tried that I was hungry all the time and always wound up giving up.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you eat 1200 calories plus most of the calories calculated that you burn off from exercising at the very least. If you calculate your BMR and TDEE you will probably find that you should be eating a lot more than that.

MFP's setting for protein is very low and is in fact more a minimum number. Both protein and healthy fats are your friends and will keep you feeling fuller for longer.

As you progress and eat the right amount of calories for your body and the energy you expel doing exercise and continue to make healthier choices in food, you will find that your body adjusts and should rarely feel hungry.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I agree eat. I like to have a glass of milk at moments like that.
  • IrellStarling
    Options
    Fat Free Popcorn was my saving grace in the first few days until I my body adapted. If you share or store half the bag, the calorie intake is marginal comparably and you feel full and drinking lots and lots of water.