Need advice from other well endowed women!

Options
zentha1384
zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
I have two questions that are related

So as I have lost weight my chest has not followed what I expected. I started at a size 42DDD and I am now in a 38G. I am worried that when I get down to a size 36 I will possibly need to go up in cup size again, but even if I maintain cup size I can't find a store that carries larger that 36DDD.

1) Does anyone have any suggestion what store to check into for a larger bra?
2) Where can I find a good sport bra from my larger chest for now or later?

Replies

• jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Im also around that size...bra shopping SUCKS!!! LOL but have you looked at layne bryant?
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would check online. brasthatfit.net is where I go, but I'm lucky to go in person.

EDIT: I also have a sports bra from there that works great.
  • Chelle175
    Chelle175 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    They can be pricey, but quality is worth it.

Check out Soma Intimates... they have sizes all the way up to "G" and better yet, they're beautiful too!!

http://www.soma.com/store/home.jsp
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nordstroms, Dillards, and there are lots of online retailers. Breakout Bras, HerRoom, Bigger Bras, Bare Necessities, Linda the Bra Lady.

There are shops in your town .. just google Bra Specialty store for whatever city you live in.

Edit: I use Panache and Shock Absorber D Max sport bras.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you live near one I suggest going to an intimacy or nordstroms. If you are looking for someplace online check out the fullbeauty website.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    but have you looked at layne bryant?

Lane Bryant's cacique (wireless) cotton bras are all I wear. I love them.
  • lharpul
    lharpul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love Donna Karan Maximum Control Signature Sports bra. http://www.barenecessities.com/donna-karan-maximum-control-signature-underwire-sports-bra-35137_product.htm?pf_id=DKIntimates35137

I'm 36 DD and looks like it comes in 36 DDD
    I ran a 5 miler in it with no pain and good support.

I first tried it on at Nordstroms but now just purchase online. They have a great selection for the large chested. I find it necessary to have an underwire sports bra.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Nordstrom and Fredricks are both worth checking out. Especially if you get the sales, they really aren't too bad, and at least they have some pretty ones instead of only white or off white.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Im also around that size...bra shopping SUCKS!!! LOL but have you looked at layne bryant?

That is where I currently shop but they don't go bigger than DDD when you get to 36. :( I wish they did because I love their bras!

@burcher2 and Chelle175 Thanks for suggestions! I appreciated it

@Contrarian Thanks but this reminded me I have another question. I have heard UK uses different sizing charts then US. Do you know if that is true?

Edit: Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I needed this :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I thought I was big at 42DD, but now I feel small! :wink:
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hard to find stores that carry DDD+, but http://www.freshpair.com/ has good selection and lots of sales. Good luck!

Edited to add that freshpair has a bra fitting program where you can talk to a consultant and they send you bras to try on. you only buy/pay for ones that you keep and you can return the ones you don't want.
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I thought I was big at 42DD, but now I feel small! :wink:

you feel small? i am in a slightly loose 40C LOL
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    YES! UK and US sizes are different. UK sizes have more sizes so you can get a better fit. US sizes tend to jump around a lot:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0

The chart there explains it all (along with a decent at home sizing guide).

+
    +
    +
    +----+----+----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    | Difference | 0" | <1" | 2" | 3" | 4" | 5" | 6" | 7" | 8" | 9" | 10" | 11" | 12" | 13" | 14" | 15" | 16" |
    +
    +
    +
    +----+----+----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    | UK Cup Size | AA | A | B | C | D | DD | E | F | FF | G | GG | H | HH | J | JJ | K | KK|
    +
    +
    +
    +----+----+----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    | US Cup Size | AA | A | B | C | D | DD/E | DDD/E/F | DDDD/F/G | G/H/J | I/J/K | J | K | L | M | N | O | P |
    +
    +
    +
    +----+----+----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +

See how there are more options for size in the US E range? That's what I mean. I prefer UK brands, but am not opposed to US ones.

All that matters is that you scoop and swoop, and it makes you look good!

**EDIT** Gah! My copy/paste is wonky... go to that reddit link, and you'll see what I mean!
  • Lee_louh
    Lee_louh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo is a UK supplier of larger sized bras that ship internationally. They have from D cups up to UK size L bras, which (having checked conversion charts) is a USA size P. They have various bras including sports, strapless, soft-cup, basques and nursing bras, alongside the usual ranges and cup sized swimwear.
  • a1sara
    Options
    You're right - it gets more challenging as our band size decreases, and cup size seems to increase (because the cup is a ratio of band-to-fullest point at breasts). Our breasts just don't shrink at the same ratio (but they *do* shrink eventually, if you're wondering). I go to Nordstrom and local specialty shops. Years ago I was told thatTitle Nine also offers decent sports bras, and they have a barbell system of support. I bought one from them at the time, but haven't found much that works for me since. I second the referral to HerRoom. Freya is my favorite brand for a sports bra.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My username came from somewhere....nordstroms is great (pricey but good selection for us well-endowed girls). Try enell for sports bras-again pricey, ugly as sin, but worth every penny.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Goddess bra is also a good brand, they aren't as pretty as some of the others, but good quality.

I had to edit my other post again, due to the unwanted messages I'm getting in my inbox. Should have seen that coming, I guess. :/
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    I'm in Australia, and I know this problem!! I used to get most of my bras - Cacique, love 'em! - off eBay ... I was sure I bought a 36F, but it may have been a 38. Oz sizes are different.
    I'm now a 14f, I think that's about 36ddd. They are not common, but my local department store sometimes has my size now!! Unheard of! So when I find a good one, I buy a heap.
    Good luck :)
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My username came from somewhere....nordstroms is great (pricey but good selection for us well-endowed girls). Try enell for sports bras-again pricey, ugly as sin, but worth every penny.

I <3 your user name :flowerforyou: