last 10 pounds

teachparents
teachparents Posts: 225 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
struggling for 4 months now to lose the last 10 pounds .. exercising 3 x a week with some limitations due to an auto accident, eating very healthy.. maybe its portion size/??????

just can't seem to get rid of any weight!!!!

frustrated and wondering if anyone has a tried and true solution!

Replies

• teachparents
    struggling for 4 months now to lose the last 10 pounds .. exercising 3 x a week with some limitations due to an auto accident, eating very healthy.. maybe its portion size/??????

just can't seem to get rid of any weight!!!!

frustrated and wondering if anyone has a tried and true solution!
  • the last 10 pounds are the most difficult..........the only way to do this i believe is by exercising 5 to 6 x a week for at least 1 hour and sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet full of lean protein (fish and chicken) and bright green vegetables (spinach, broccoli, asparagus, etc) be careful if you eat a lot of fruit due to all the sugar. i know you probably can't do this right now due to your accident; but once you're able to...you'll lose the weight : )
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Ok are you eating enough? Seems to be one of the problems a lot of people encounter when they are trying to loose the last 10 pounds. Maybe the post from Banks about eating 700 cal a day and being overweight would be of interest to you? It's under newbies read this 2nd edition (I think) Let me know if that helps if not let me know and I see what else I can come up with:drinker
    Ok I pulled them up and I would like you both to read them, it makes sence to me and I have seen lots of people get to their goal this way
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    OK one more thing, we are changing our livestyle to be healthy and fit, I have dieted all my life and I'm here because DIETS DON"T WORK
  • artnoren
    artnoren Posts: 54
    Are you tracking your calories? How about your body measurements? With exercise you may be building muscle which weighs more tha fat. Don't worry so much about the scale. Pay more attention to your body measurements. Good luck!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I have had the same problem soooo frustrating! I read a post last night about calorie altering....more and less each day i am going to try that! If you have been cutting cals. for a long time your meto. ajusts, so they say mix it up, figure the cals. you need for the week then each day consume diff. amounts, some days high, some days low....i figure nothing else is working, i am going to try this!
  • teachparents
    thanks.. i probably overdo the fresh fruit thing as it's a handy snack.... i will start tracking that .... yeah the lack of exercise thing makes me kinda nuts.. i'm a real busy body normally.. so being forced to be inactive was tough... working on it though. thanks for taking time to respond and for the support!
  • teachparents
    i went to the sites you recommended... thank you... i am not taking in the 1200 calories they are recommending.. so i will experiment and up that.. i was at about 800 today.... i will try this and see how it goes.. thanks!
  • teachparents
    thanks.. havent measured the body parts.. i measured my waist not too long ago and when i saw that the measurement was not as low as i expected it to be i got discouraged. and frustrated... so i will track it and hope and work hard for change... thanks
  • jasha80
    jasha80 Posts: 8
    eat less...........
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Never mind...I deleted my answer back to someone.

::breathe::

:grumble:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Welcome! This site is GREAT and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I have 7 lbs left, and I think that is just takes time, but keep at it, and we'll be successful!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • teachparents
    thanks for your reply.. what i'm hearing from most people on here is that im not eating enough and my body is kicking into starvation mode. therefore no weight loss.... i will try harder to target around 1200 calories.... never thought i'd be cussing the day i HAVE to eat more!.lol
This discussion has been closed.