i threw out my scale

Options
for my own sanity. i also threw out the poster board that i was keeping track of my weight on. when i feel like ive lost weight, when i feel like i LOOK different, i *MIGHT* go out and buy another one....but right now, because i wanted to literally pick it up and throw it through a wall ( and almost did throwing it in the trashcan.......OOOPPSS!! LOL) i decided to throw it away so i dont drive myself crazy and just rely on the measuring tape.

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    This made me giggle a little bit. I'm not at that phase yet, but I'm certain as time goes on, I will get there.
  • aliciamille
    Options
    Mine doesnt even work right. It's seriously like 4 pounds off
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU!!!!
    Seriously!!! Best thing EVER!!!
    Don't buy another one... borrow a friend's something just stay the carp away from those stupid things.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Mine was making me sad too, so I started using the one at the gym that's only in metrics - kilograms are so much kinder. Since they're bigger, you seem to fluctuate less.
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP, I told myself I was not going to use the scale because I become to obsessive. I mean that thing drives me crazy and it controlls me. I have not wieghed myself since I started and I think it was the best decision I have made yet! So, I hear ya about the scales. I know everyone says to wiegh every week, but that just gets me back into being obsessed. I am going by overall feeling and clothes. Good luck to you!
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am soooo freakin' there right now. Just when I thought I was over this plateau, I keep buoying around the same 4 lbs back and forth never losing. :(
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest.... I like it :)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    amazing!:drinker:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am on a program where I only weigh once every six weeks. This has been so hard because I have always been scale obsessed. Not weighing at least once a week (or more often) has been a big challenge for me but it is also very liberating. I notice my body changing much more without the scale telling me how I am doing. Clothes getting looser tells me all I need to know.
  • heathercolem
    Options
    I alway pay attention to how my clothes fit more than the number on the scale. It's just a number!! Who knows why the weight fluctuates so much? The measuring tape is better. Good luck to you!
  • mmains
    mmains Posts: 7
    Options
    I totally understand why you threw out your scale! I have heard (and read) though, that people who weigh themselves once a week generally weigh less than those who don't. I think it's just a form of self-regulation. I guess you do what works for you!
  • marksolie
    marksolie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I follow the same idea. When my pants start getting snug I know it's time to get serious .I have no idea what my starting weight was 3 weeks ago probably about 195. All I know is my pants are a little looser in the waist and that's all I care about.
  • kgant82
    kgant82 Posts: 1
    Options
    Stay strong honey, you'll make it to your goals.