What is wrong with my food diary? no weight loss!

Options
I can't lose weight and it's really getting me down. I tried on a skirt today and looked like a big fat hippo, I left the store almost in tears. I rarely eat fast food, maybe once a month and I try to eat healthy every day...I also exercise 30 mins - 1 hour 4 days a week. Why can't I lose any weight? I drink TONNES of water too and I've tried to eliminate snacking.

Can you please look at my diary...It's starting to depress me :I

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough... Looks like several days you eat below 1200 calories which is probably well below your BMR. Try adding some?
  • NureeniWright
    Options
    I only looked back a week or so but It looks to me like you're eating waaayyyyy too low. I don't know your height and weight but you seem to be fluctuating between 800 cal - 1300 cal a day with a the occasional blow out. I'm 5'2" and I'm aiming to eat about 1400cal a day, and I eat back the calories I burn with exercise. You shouldn't be looking for more than 1 pound or 1/2 a kilo weight loss a week unless you are very overweight. All you are going to do is mess up your metabolism and end up in a cycle of bingeing and starving.

Have a read of this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/771811-700-calories-a-day?show=search

I would suggest upping your calories by 150cal or so a week until you get to at the bare minimum around 1300cal net of healthy food, and don't be worried about occasionally eating over that number. There is lots of information online talking about how it can actually be good for your weight loss to eat on or just over your maintenance (for me thats around 1900cal) every one or two weeks. Not to mention eating a reasonable amount for weight loss and occasionally allowing yourself to indulge will help you mentally and make it less likely that you'll have days where you just want to eat everything in sight.

If it continues then maybe you should think about talking to someone? You don't seem to be very comfortable with your body and your relationship with food. Weight loss isn't a magic bullet, your weight doesn't determine your value as a human or how much your friends and family love you. You're not going to be a different or better person by reaching your goal weight, that all comes from trying to be kind to yourself.

Good luck!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Eat more natural food and less processed stuff, way more low sugar fruit and non starchy vegetables. Bananas and apples are not great use of calories - I showed on a thread the other day you can eat NINE servings in all the colours of the rainbow for the same sugar as in one banana.

More reduced fat dairy products, protein little and often starting with breakfast, more healthy fats especially oily fish. Studies suggest calcium from dairy and omega-3s from oily fish are associated with reduced bodyfat. Many of your meals are wall to wall high glycaemic index carbs, that will peak and dip your blood sugar, any sugar that isn't burned as energy or used to replenish muscles after exercise may be converted to fat. You may also be breaking down your muscles for protein which will cause your metabolism to drop.

Boost your metabolism for up to two days with serious exercise - high intensity interval cardio, weight training using as many muscles as possible at once, going to failure (cannot do another repetition with good technique, even if someone had a gun to your head).