cleanses and vitamins

Options
Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not cleanses deplete vitamins in the body?

Replies

• KalB
    KalB Posts: 42
    Options
    I wouldnt think so,But in truth I have no idea. I know Im doing a clence right now and Im feeling better over all. So I would do what feels right for you body.
  • shawnaloeppky
    Options
    I think it would depend on what type of cleanse - there are some that don't because you still eat, but you eat clean foods, like just raw vegetables and fruits and get your protein from plain broiled or grilled chicken breast. These type apparently take a little longer for you to gain the benefits of the 'cleanse' but you don't lose out either becaue you're not really depleting your body of the nutrients you need.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I juice fasted several years ago, and I can honestly say it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. I still juice now, but I also eat (correctly). I love my juicer, but a straight juice and water fast drained me so badly.
  • littlelisa24
    Options
    The only good one that i read was eating raw fruits and veggies and cooked chicken. If you fast or go on a just liquid diet or what ever you want to call it, you are only loosing weight from breaking down muscle because in order to make the molecules you need like amino acids and enzymes which are proteins. Having home made juice is good but eating veggies is even better! You can not cut out carbs or fats either. The fat make up lipids your hormones and also the phospholipid bilayer. Pretty much that is your cell membrane. Carbs are broken down into energy to make ATP what your body runs on. So all in all you are putting yourself in starvation mode, which in turn stresses your body. So it's really unhealthy. So eat healthy and you will be fine. I have taken nutrition, Human anatomy and physiology, 5 chem classes. They have all pointed me in the direction of eating healthy unprocessed food and no fasting.