Losing weight and inches from my thighs

Options
I've been sticking to my diet quite successfully and doing cardio training 5 times a week and strength training about 4 times a week and have toned and lost weight off my face, waist, arms and tummy. Hurrah! But I'm not seeing any difference in my very sizeable thighs! Any particular exercise or diet advice to help me with my thunder thighs?

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. Your body will remove the weight in different areas first, and your thighs may be the last, unfortunately. We are all different in this regard. There's no way to "spot remove" fat from your thighs but to continue your efforts and it will happen eventually.
  • maveriiick
    maveriiick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the Butterfly and reverse butterfly machines at the Gym... It has helped with that area immensely...
    Very targeted....
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Jenny I am exactly where you are. And sadly enough, the only thing that seems to be working (finally lost 0.25 inch on those big bad boys) is weight loss. All the cardio and strength training in the world hasn't done a thing. Unfortunately, it makes the top half of me start to look anorexic. Hopefully it will even out. I wish you success!
  • HulaCherry
    Options
    It's hard to describe, but I take those long bars at the gym that weigh about 15 pounds. I lie down on my side and rest the end of the bar in the small of my foot and lift up. You can feel it all the way up in your thigh and I've noticed a major difference. It'd be a lot easier to show, lol. But hopefully you get the basic idea.
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    you can tone them of course but you cant choose where you loose - take comfort that its the healthiest place to carry any extra weight and that you will live longer than those with weight higher up !!!
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with hill242, and totally empathise with lulabelle - there is no more weight to come off my upper body, so it must leave the thighs, mustn't it??!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I've been sticking to my diet quite successfully and doing cardio training 5 times a week and strength training about 4 times a week and have toned and lost weight off my face, waist, arms and tummy. Hurrah! But I'm not seeing any difference in my very sizeable thighs! Any particular exercise or diet advice to help me with my thunder thighs?

I have the same problem. I'm in the middle range of healthy weight right now but still not happy with my thighs. I've recently started C25K and hope it will help. I'm also working on upper body strength hoping the fat will "redistribute". I'm also doing pilates a couple of times a week with hope that it will tone those hard to tone areas.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Can't get those hips down. I have been doing leg raises. I started with 2 sets of 12 and I have worked up to 4 sets of 12 starting today. I raise the leg to the sides for each leg and then the back. They are killers and I hope it works.:ohwell:
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Actually I have a friend that had a tiny waste, and upper body but her hips and thighs looked like they belonged on someone else and that someone else was huge. She ran 5 miles every morning and lifted weights every other day and her body stayed the same until she started training for a marathon. She hired a trainer and within a few months, her body shape changed dramatically. He changed her diet and her workout routine. So you may want to consult a trainer. I know she did a LOT of squats and leg lifts but she's pretty close mouthed about her work out. Not a sharing kinda gal, lol!!! She says if we want to know what to do, hire her trainer! But she did prove you can target shape areas. What you can't do is target lose. Weight comes off where it will.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good point llyndon. I can't tell you what exactly your friend's trainer did, but here's some ideas: Squats, lunges, step-ups, deadlifts, jumproping, broad jumps.
  • JennyH86
    JennyH86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it :) I've just got to be patient and keep up with the exercise and the diet! I used the sit down bike for the first time ever in the gym today and my thighs are absolutely killing now!