Replies

• Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    wow Girl, Great Job!! woo hooooooo!!!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Congrats gorgeous lady! You look amazing! I'm inspired....don't meet too many women who are my height....It makes me want to be this size! WTG girl ; )
  • CareBearRN
    CareBearRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you have done a fantastic job and certainly inspire me. I totally can relate. I weighed 190's and on March 5 I started MFP. I am down to 184 and feel fab! My goal is 155 and I am 5'7". It s great to see what it actually looks like even though I feel great. How tall are you?
  • DawnCallas
    Options
    You have given me something to strive for! Thank you for lighting a fire under my rear!! :) You look great! Congratulations!!
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow... you look really amazing, great job
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS!!! You look marvekous darling, I am, soooo happy for you!! Keep up the great work, you are my inspiration! :bigsmile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, method! :) You look TINY in your profile picture. I can't wait to be tiny again!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you have done a fantastic job and certainly inspire me. I totally can relate. I weighed 190's and on March 5 I started MFP. I am down to 184 and feel fab! My goal is 155 and I am 5'7". It s great to see what it actually looks like even though I feel great. How tall are you?

I am 6'0" tall.

And thank you, everyone! This is something I know I would never have been able to do on my own. If it wasn't for the community here, I think that by now I'd probably be closer to 215 than 170 and I'd have outgrown half my clothes and felt miserable every morning when I woke up. So, thank you!
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    U look smoking.....you must feel amazing and I am sure ppl around you cannot help but notice your transformation x
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    You're looking awesome! I can't wait to get into my goal dress, too. Keep up the great work - you're definitely inspiring!
  • SarahDawn00
    Options
    That's awesome! You are an inspiration to me!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    That's awesome, method! :) You look TINY in your profile picture. I can't wait to be tiny again!

Thanks! Part of looking tiny is knowing how to pose and at what angle to hold the camera and to aim your body... the other part is using self-tanner. :laugh:

Yes, I cheat in pictures. Hi, my name is Brady and I'm a picture cheater.

At least I don't photoshop them! I figure it this way, if I take my "progress" pictures and I don't look as good as I know I can, then what's the point? It's just showing me that my work hasn't paid off as well as I hoped it had and I get discouraged. But if I take my pics and I mimic the way I eventually want my body to look, I can see where I'm going and I try harder to get to that shape.

And hey, if supermodels and celebreties can have ever square millimeter of their photos retouched, I think I can angle my chin to make my neck look thinner. It's my right! LOL

So my tips for flattering pictures to motivate in an instant: use self-tanner if you are pale or a bit of a glossy lotion if you are darker skinned, stand with more weight on your back foot, and keep your elbows away from your body as this thins out your arm. Also, a picture shot from a slightly higher angle is more flattering than one shot from a low angle, and do like Tyra says, "find the light!" Someone called me fierce over the weekend - it pushed me extra hard on the treadmill last night! (I'm America's Next Top Model obsessed.)

This is what works for me, I know some people like to take the most unflattering pictures as possible so that they can use that as motivation. That doesn't work for me. If I see a picture of myself with all the bumpiness exposed and the tummy puffed out, and a grumpy look on my face, I'll become disheartened. Everyone needs to find what motivates them, and you can do it, arielle... you will get there!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! You look stunning. What a great job in 90 days. You made sacrifices and committments and it definitely paid off. You look great! I love before and afters!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    wow, you look awesome! way to go. I had the same start weight and 175 is my goal before my birthday. Not as tall as you, so I'm sure it won't look quite as drastic, but I do look forward to sharing my same success in July!
  • thriving2slim
    Options
    awesome job!!!! too good for 90 days..... Keep it up....
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You were gorgeous before but now you are SMOKIN'
  • ykantoro
    ykantoro Posts: 24
    Options
    Definitely wow!
  • LaTerri
    LaTerri Posts: 42
    Options
    A MAZ ING!!!!!!
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very Inspiring.
  • LexiSymone22
    Options
    You look amazing! Not only have you lost weight but it looks like you have also gained some confedence. Go Girl!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!