June Starters - March 29

Options
Happy Monday!!

Next to Christmas, Easter week is the biggest holiday for us. Starting Friday night and going right until Sunday bedtime it is food, food, food. I will be trying to get in some great workouts to compensate...

How about the rest of you?

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    saving for later.
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm not a religous person, wasn't brought up to believe so Easter for me usually means chocolate. :bigsmile:
    This year I think I will either not have an egg at all or just one of those tiny ones like a cream egg for a special treat.
    I will probably be cooking a roast dinner though so lots of extra workouts to componsate.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hubby is deployed and that makes things easier.... Going to get the kids movie gift certificates for their easter baskets instead of candy, so that will help and then will prolly NOT do the big ham dinner. They won't know the difference, so why should I, right?
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Movie Certificates is a great idea. I don't really indulge in chocolate for easter, although we do certainly get the kids a basket full (which my husband usually helps them out with). We have cut back on the candy, we do 1 small gift each and then the 2 youngest have a hunt and the 2 oldest just get a basket with some goodies. I can resist. Chocolate is not my downfall, so I guess I am fortunate in that respect. For me it is the big meals and the wine.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Luckily I've never been a fan of candy. I ate a Reese's peanut butter egg the other day and that's good enough for me. I used to love waking up and going on an Easter egg hunt and seeing what kind of treats were left in my basket. There was always candy, but usually some small toys or VHS (haha) tapes. I have never really understood what the whole egg/bunny thing had to do with the rising of Christ...buuuut whatever! I'm sad I won't get to eat an Easter dinner with my fam this year. Too busy and too far away :( Maybe I'll make myself a nice dinner and imagine I was with them!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Ug Easter will be my downfall! We have families who don't get along so we end up having 3 celebrations for everything. I'll have to work in some extra cardio... :wink:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Easter for me also meant lots of chocolate growing up! I'm going to be at my bf's parents' places for Easter.. shouldn't be too bad, as long as I stay in control of my chocolate/candy consumption!

Where are all our Monday weigh-in'ers, or did everyone switch to later in the week? Oh well.. here's mine

SW 182.4
    LW 137.8
    CW 136.4

I was actually down to 136.0 yesterday, but then went to the movies and ate too much popcorn :blushing: At least it was tasty!
  • busymom74
    Options
    I think your the only Monday weigher schlieffen. :wink: We all wussed out and weigh in later. :laugh:

I think I did pretty good this weekend. We'll see what the scale says though. dun da dun dun duuuuuuuuuun! :laugh: :laugh:

I do have to share- I took my neices and daughter to the indoor water park Sat. I felt pretty good! I mean I had my bathing suit that's board shorts and a tankini and I felt good walking around. Not embarressed at all! It was great to able to let that go and PLAY with them. I refused to go both last year and the year before becuase I knew I'd be too self concious to have any fun. It was actually a surprise to see we spent 2 hours there before I looked at the clock. (Before I would've been counting the minutes to leave.)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I :heart: my June Starters and MFP for helping me to acheive that happiness! :heart: :smooched:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Also- Shlieffen- I think MFP is jipping you on lbs lost. Your ticker says 46 but the ss says 47. ? ?
  • busymom74
    Options
    I figured it out! I have your SW as 183.4- you have it at 182.4?
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Courtney - the egg bunny thing has nothing to do with Christ or religion. It goes back to pagan festivals of fertility as in the spring equinox festivals. Just as with Christmas and the mid winter festival. Most of our holidays have taken the dates of the old pagan festivals. It made sense because when conquerers came in with their new religions to a region they could corrupt the old festivals to make people celebrate their way. Its very well documented in history especially during the Roman period.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    bump for Wednesday:smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    Courtney - the egg bunny thing has nothing to do with Christ or religion. It goes back to pagan festivals of fertility as in the spring equinox festivals. Just as with Christmas and the mid winter festival. Most of our holidays have taken the dates of the old pagan festivals. It made sense because when conquerers came in with their new religions to a region they could corrupt the old festivals to make people celebrate their way. Its very well documented in history especially during the Roman period.

That's really interesting! I could've guessed it would be something like that....I was always freaked out by the giant person in a bunny costume when I was little though :laugh:
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I figured it out! I have your SW as 183.4- you have it at 182.4?

Yeah, I never cared too much about the difference of a single pound in the spread sheet, so I never got anyone to change it. Plus, it makes for better numbers :laugh: Go ahead and switch it to the proper number if you think about it, otherwise don't worry about it!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I just wanted to share that I bought a new dress the other day.. the best part is that it was originally $205 and I got it for $29! :bigsmile: and it's made in Canada! It's a black lace pattern over champagne coloured satin, really pretty! I'll have to take a picture and get busymom to post it on the ws!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Wow Kaja- That is interesting!

Sclieffen- I love a great bargain! I need to go shopping! I could really use a full day of trying on clothes. :bigsmile:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Bumping ...
    bump.jpg
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    schlieffen, you must post a pic, that sounds gorgeous!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

I do have to share- I took my neices and daughter to the indoor water park Sat. I felt pretty good! I mean I had my bathing suit that's board shorts and a tankini and I felt good walking around. Not embarressed at all! It was great to able to let that go and PLAY with them. I refused to go both last year and the year before becuase I knew I'd be too self concious to have any fun. It was actually a surprise to see we spent 2 hours there before I looked at the clock. (Before I would've been counting the minutes to leave.)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I :heart: my June Starters and MFP for helping me to acheive that happiness! :heart: :smooched:

That's awesome! Good for you!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    BUmping for Wednesday...

Hey, if you guys start a thread for the week... would you please copy and paste the link to the new thread in the old thread? It just makes it easier to find....
    Thanks!!