need diet advice??

Options
so I'm good in the exercise part, I do insanity and sometimes go to the gym. but my diet needs some help! so I' had a question. is it better to have a strict plan that you stick to, or just day by day pick healthy items for each meal instead of having a set meal, because I do great for breakfast and lunch, but when I get home I tend to overeat! idk what to do to change it or what, so I'm looking up ways to help to be better

Replies

• lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    so I'm good in the exercise part, I do insanity and sometimes go to the gym. but my diet needs some help! so I' had a question. is it better to have a strict plan that you stick to, or just day by day pick healthy items for each meal instead of having a set meal, because I do great for breakfast and lunch, but when I get home I tend to overeat! idk what to do to change it or what, so I'm looking up ways to help to be better

Meet your caloric goal. Meet your macro goals. (you may want to reset the goals set by this program as they are completely wrong)
    Yes you should probably have some set things that you eat most days but you should eat a variety of foods. Set out a rotation of things you'll eat regularly as a base. Like eggs or oatmeal. Chicken or Beef. I found it much easier to get a routine going then expand from there. I usually do the same breakfast everyday, but most people can't and don't want to do that. I often have a similar lunch but go out to eat often and then I have different things I'll eat at different places. Dinner is what ever my wife makes, but its most the same things varied over a few weeks.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals out in the evening after I've completed my diary for the current day. That way I don't have to worry about what to eat when I'm in a hurry or tired, I just look at what I pre-logged and just eat that. Most of the time I'll make changes, but I try to stick to the basic plan as much as possible.

This also saves me money because I use the ingredients that I have on hand before they go bad.

So, win-win.
  • well I have a set meal for breakfast and lunch, but nothing really when I get home so I kinda overeat but even when I have a set plan I don't stick with it
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    If you are not going to stick with it nothing will work unfortunately. If you are overeating later in the day chances are you are not giving your body what it needs at breakfast and lunch, be that quantity, frequency or quality.
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me, it is 90% diet and 10% exercise.

I worked out at the gym 3-4 times a week for 18 months (without changing my diet) and I didn't lose any weight.
    Two months ago I modified my diet to keep within my calorie limits and started walking 4-5 times a week instead of gym and I have lost 6kg.

Sticking to my calories is a winner for me.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Seem to be doing fine on the one day that you log in for the past 5 days.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    What's worked for me is limiting myself to a few different "safe foods" and I mix and match them for my dinner. I do 20/4 intermittent fasting so I only eat dinner, but it's a pretty big dinner and just a mix of whatever I'm in the mood for that day. For example, tonight for dinner I had a veggie wrap, a bowl of fruit (berries, kiwi, and apple slices), oatmeal, and protein pancakes. I just have a few different menu items I choose from and keep stocked in the house and I'll pick a few different foods from that list for dinner.
  • musicalboats
    Options
    Unless you are eating things you aren't logging... I wouldn't exactly call a dinner of 135 calories over eating... but that's me. The few days you have logged, you haven't gone over your total. So if you aren't logging everything, that would be a good start... Not too sure why you are having such small dinners. But, back to your original question... I have a smallish list of foods that I randomly rotate through, making some variations as either I desire, or if I haven't gone to the store... Best of luck.