Ode to Jeans

Options
I held them up and looked at them, and thought no way.
No stinkin' way am I getting these on.
They look so small.
But I needed to know...

So, I put my foot in one leg... and thought,
"Maybe"
as I realized that I could pull them up my thighs.
Then the other leg...
Up I pulled the jeans...

OVER
MY
HIPS

and then...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIP!
I got them on!

IMAG1231.jpg
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/babeinthemoon/view/6-months-down-a-lifetime-to-go-455210

I'm 6 months into my journey with a long ways to go.. In June I was a size 24, and today, exactly 6 months later, I'm a 16!

Replies

• rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i have been doing the same and it feels great. great job
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Incredible job!!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    YAY! I just had my own jeans experience today, so I know just how sweet the rush of joy is when you realize that they're slipping up and over your hips without having to squeeze and cram the fat into the waistband!

CONGRATS! And savor this feeling of victory!
  • ac18wlr
    ac18wlr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have the same pic!!!!

Fabulous effort - you are amazing!!!!!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm so thrilled!
  • e001w
    e001w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • SWilcox818
    SWilcox818 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations! Keep up the hard work so you can add an even smaller size pair of jeans to that picture. :flowerforyou:
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yay !!! :heart: :heart:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Woooot! Best feeling in the world! :flowerforyou:
  • capt_nat
    Options
    Wow well done! It feels so good to get into smaller clothes! :happy:
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    woohoo!
  • Kelly4740
    Kelly4740 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a brilliant feeling- It's like i was there with you. Well done!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep it up!

I kinda wish I had done something similar with the pics. But I didn't want to tempt fate so as soon as I was out of a size, into the donation bag and out the door it went.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So awesome good for you. I have to take a pic of my new size jeans on top of my old Lane Bryant jeans(no Idea what the "real" size is since some companies(Lane Bryant included) changed their sizing. LB Right Fit Blue size 4? Maybe a 20-22? Now in 12's and 14's:bigsmile:
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great progress, and what a super NSV!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    :heart: This!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    So awesome good for you. I have to take a pic of my new size jeans on top of my old Lane Bryant jeans(no Idea what the "real" size is since some companies(Lane Bryant included) changed their sizing. LB Right Fit Blue size 4? Maybe a 20-22? Now in 12's and 14's:bigsmile:

Okay, because I'm a number's girl I printed and saved the LB measurments so that I can track when I fall off the chart. ;-) In any case, the Blue 4 is equal to the blue 20 at LB. If you wanted to buy a regular size to fit that hip range you'd have to buy a 22, or maybe even a 24 if your hips were tight in the blue 4. Sigh. Isn't it crazy to think that we have come so far in our progress to not need the crazy "number" system even if they were still using it?!?!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    That is the BEST feeling in the world. I have had that exact moment. Revel in the joy, my friend! And then remember it was all your hard work that got you there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!