What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I bought two tops at Target last night, and neither were PLUS sized. Just regular old "large". It's a start!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. It's the baby steps that will carry us to the promised land.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day: I decided to participate on this forum again and keep trying to lose weight even though it's getting harder and harder and sometimes I forget why I even bother because I'm so hung up on what I should look like and who I should be and not on the reality.

Also, I drank three shots of vodka tonight but I'm resisting the alcohol munchies. Hey, don't judge, if you've never had that problem, you don't know what a feat that really is!
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My NSV is working through all of my urges to binge! I feel so strong when I can prevent what I used to think was "inevitable"!
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was noticing that my 2x shirts I bought a month go are starting to get loose.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yet another random person who I do not interact with / work with at work commented on my weightloss and marveled at how I've done.
  • acogg
    Options
    I love this thread. It's the baby steps that will carry us to the promised land.
  • acogg
    Options
    Sorry for the multies. My internet is sporatic at best.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with u girl! About 2.5 months for me!! It's the best feeling!
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    Someone posted an old pic of me on facebook last night, I was about 25 pounds heavier than I am now. Even in that picture I could see the hard work I've done has been done right. It made me really proud of myself
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I started adding some strength training to my morning workouts about a month ago...this morning I was looking in the mirror while I was getting dressed....and by gosh----I have biceps! And shoulders that are starting to look good. And the beginnings of some ab definition under all the excess skin and remaining fat. Wow! This is cool!
  • Jules729
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does NSV mean? :embarassed:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    buying a size 12 shorts 2 wks ago, thinking it may be awhile id be able to get in em" you know what they got pulled on this morning... snug but they fitted!!!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    NSV - I set a challenge for myself to burn 7000 calories last week and I made it! (No corresponding "scale victory" to go with it but that's OK).

And going along with that... my boyfriend has been subtly and not-so-subtly letting me know for years that he wishes I would exercise more (or at all) and lose weight. And now he thinks I spend too much time working out and figuring out my nutrition.

(Oh, and I would never point this out to him, but I can run a mile faster than he can now. Boooyah)
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does NSV mean? :embarassed:

I just found out earlier in this thread. :smile: It means "non-scale victory."
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Buying size 13 jeans last week.
    Buying size 6 string bikini panties this week.
    Wearing a size medium workout shorts & they're loose on the thighs.
    Serving bacon, egg & cheese on bagels, along with mozzarella sticks & fries every morning.... And not having any.
    Advanced my planks to 60 seconds each (side planks with arm extended, arms elevated on exercise ball, arms elevated on couch & feet elevated on exercise ball, and one armed planks)
  • ntaylorut
    ntaylorut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had 2 over the weekend. I bought dress pants because everything that I had been wearing were to big, I bought size 34, 18 months ago I wore size 42.

Also, while at a Christmas party, one of my Wife's aunts who I have not seen since last Christmas told me that I better stop losing weight because I was starting to look sick. I smiled, said thanks and continued eating my plate of celery.
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can now walk into a Victoria's Secret and actually buy a bra!! Before, my cup size was too big... Now I have lots of fun styles and colors to choose from!! SO EXCITED!
    Good for you!
    I can't wait to have more options than black and beige. :grumble:
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    Way to go all! Mine would be that I limited my snacking today. I am a grazer, esp at work.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size 12 today. :) While the pants were too snug for public wear, they zipped easily!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!