Thanks for the cookies! I love my co-workers.

Options
EvgeniZyntx
EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
So, I travel a lot and am in the office about 3-4 days every other week.
This entire week my co-workers are in the Christmas spirit and bring cookies to work - home made, store bought, whatever.

They are great, we talk at the coffee machine and have one or two of these German delights. Cinnamon ginger loveliness.
Chocolate or sugar-coated. Love them!

Makes meeting my calorie goal easy and I enjoy the how nice everyone is. I brought chocolates from Belgium last week. That got scarfed down quickly.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

<this post is not sarcastic. I love this about the place I work, we share food and work well together. The amount I put in my mouth depends on me, my goals and ... tracking. 3 extra cookies = a little bit of cardio, or more likely - 3 cookies help keep me at my calories from all the cardio>

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Moderation......you don't have to give up those treats. It's knowing how many you can have.....and when to stop.

Sue :smile: xxx
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Yep. The "co-workers are sabotaging me" thread a few days back got me thinking. I think there is a lot to be said about attitude - moderation is about being reasonable - being angry - not really needed.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    sounds like an awesome treat to me =) I'm all for a treat a day stop you from going crazy =P
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for anyone that has great working environment - good for you! I'm pretty fortunate (for the most part) in that regard as well. I agree - 'tis the season, so either choose to enjoy yourself in moderation or not. Peace on Earth. :flowerforyou:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the cookies!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    *stands and applauds* :flowerforyou:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Empty calories. Sugar filled empty. Not really the best idea, but it's your weight-loss..... or not.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Empty calories. Sugar filled empty. Not really the best idea, but it's your weight-loss..... or not.

I know, right, and all that time relaxing he should be in the gym eh? Wasted minutes spent on enjoying life - what an idiot...
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yep. The "co-workers are sabotaging me" thread a few days back got me thinking. I think there is a lot to be said about attitude - moderation is about being reasonable - being angry - not really needed.
    Exactly! :drinker:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    enjoy them...wish I could eat them in moderation, I pass on everything coming around my office, buttertarts,cookies, chocolates, not eating anything....no nutrition at all, just loads of crap.... :laugh:
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What if they just leave stuff right on your desk? What should you do then if you don't want it?
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What if they just leave stuff right on your desk? What should you do then if you don't want it?
    Move them elsewhere. Give them to another colleague. Bin them.

Out of sight, out of mind. They (in excess) are not worth risking your health for.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Wow. Reasonable post about enjoying the season and your coworkers and maintaining ones own power and responsibility for ones own choices.

I feel sad about his many folks this is just too radical a notion for. Too much of a paradigm shift from thinking kind gestures are purposeful sabotage and one is somehow practically tied down and force fed these treats and "wow looks brest but I must pass" is somehow not an option. Sad.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    So, I travel a lot and am in the office about 3-4 days every other week.
    This entire week my co-workers are in the Christmas spirit and bring cookies to work - home made, store bought, whatever.

They are great, we talk at the coffee machine and have one or two of these German delights. Cinnamon ginger loveliness.
    Chocolate or sugar-coated. Love them!

Makes meeting my calorie goal easy and I enjoy the how nice everyone is. I brought chocolates from Belgium last week. That got scarfed down quickly.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

<this post is not sarcastic. I love this about the place I work, we share food and work well together. The amount I put in my mouth depends on me, my goals and ... tracking. 3 extra cookies = a little bit of cardio, or more likely - 3 cookies help keep me at my calories from all the cardio>

:heart:
    My work is the same.
    There's always free treats lying around, and we are having a huge potluck next friday. Bring it on!
    Good food with good friends is never something to complain about.
  • Joanie919
    Options
    Have the same thing where I work. I can pass up the sweet treats. Getting healthy means more. I can chat without eating. Just hope the holiday lunch they serve today will have foods that won't pile on calories. Not much workout time today with my schedule.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Don't know if serious.
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    Naysayers : just realize that stress hormones get in the way of weight loss too. Relaxing and unclenching and having 100 or 200 calories of not perfect but enjoyable may well be good for this lifestyle change people go yammering on about.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

See my ticker, hon.

I'm here for fitness, agility and overall mind/body wellness. A cookie a day (or chocolate) isn't going to hurt that. I guarantee you that in general my food quality, selection and cooking is generally excellent.

And a call-out to my awesome friends that have answered so far - you guys rock, too! (passing out virtual cookies!)
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    Helpful hint for his ticker : a kg is 2.2 pounds. Hard to figure precisely where that star is but its a loss of more than 30#. With yummy food and good relationships and enjoying life. Crazy.

Takes cookie, says thank you.
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hear Hear (or Here Here depending. Can never figure out :huh: )

Someone brought flapjacks and brownie in this week. just need to run a bit more. Life isn't for struggling through. It's for enjoying!!