What do you put in your coffee?

Options
Looking for ideas: I need something that's better calorie and sugar wise than flavored coffee creamer!

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use sugar-free International Delight and Splenda. I gotta have something sweet in my coffee--can't stand it black!
  • sumeetn
    Options
    coffee & hot water :)
  • fitparty1
    Options
    coffee & hot water :)

I wish I was brave enough to enter the realm of black coffee. haha
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    vanilla almond milk and sugar sub stevia . When I first started on here they had one of these thread and someone added they use cinnamon . I think cinnamon speeds metabolism or something and its actually pretty good . Just couldnt drink it everyday .
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Milk and Honey
  • cathomer
    Options
    Just some half fat milk, although today I was naughty and put Baileys in it!

I find it easier to drink coffee without sugar than tea, so I'm happy with the 23 calories I use on the bit of milk.
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Two splendas, fat free mild, cinnamon or add a drop of vanilla extract!
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Splash of soymilk and some almond extract.

I'm transitioning to drinking my coffee without sweeteners. For the days that I do "need" that little extra sweetness, raw sugar, brown sugar or agave nectar.

..last week I dumped the rest of my protein shake (a few sips worth) into my coffee. Didn't taste bad at all! ..lol (it was just soy with soy protein)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Butter and MCTs
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Agave nectar is great, especially the darker variety. It has a caramel type taste.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, sugar free vanilla torani syrup, splenda
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Some people will put some of their protein shake powder in their coffee.
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    truvia (stevia derivative) and half and half. it's less calories than coffee-mate.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Right now I am putting a quarter cup of egg nog in there, and it makes me feel very festive (no rum/brandy though, sadly). Cheaper and lower cal than some of the commercial concoctions. I was putting creamer, but end up putting 150 cals in there!!! So, then I put some whole milk in there, and that is still 80 cals...very hard to find the right flavor. questioning how much I need my coffee anyway. tea with honey and milk sounds so soothing.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love iced mocha's so I put a shot of Espresso, Hershey's LITE syrup, and a cup of Blue Diamond Coconut Almond Milk. Stir it up and add ice cubes. Kind of like an Almond Joy. Delish.
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Instead of putting something in your coffee, try some of the whole beans that are flavored. French Vanilla, Hezelnut, etc. You are drinking black coffee but it tastes great and gets you away from all the stuff you have been putting in. My theory is, if you can't drink coffee without adding anything to it, then you are drinking the wrong coffee! (-:
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 tsp of sugar & 1 Tbsp of half & half in my coffee. I just count the calories. :)
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Some people will put some of their protein shake powder in their coffee.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! My bf thought I was being gross.. lol
  • FenderGuy
    FenderGuy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At home I use a packet of TruVia and 1% milk. At work I substitute fat free Coffee-Mate for the milk.
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do any sugar free creamer with splenda